Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA! USA! USA!

That's Right! USA beats Mexico!!!!!!!

After some dirty plays by Mexico, USA comes through!

Friedel is the MAN.

USA! USA! USA!

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

USA beat Mexico?
    What was the score?
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

2-0

Comment

The crowd goes wild!!!!!!!!!!!! Na-na-na-na....na-na-na-na...hey-hey-heyyy....good-bye!
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

I think it's the first time in history the USA comes that far in the World Cup....... isn't it ?
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

...and 90% of the USA population doesn't know, that their country has advanced in the top 8 in the largest sports tournament in the world ...

Comment

I think USA was in the top 8 in the 1994-games that took place in the states...

Comment

Actually, they also reached the quarter finals in 1930

Comment

All right!

You know, I do believe that was the first soccer game I ever watched in full? When you're there from the beginning, it's impossible to leave your seat, especially considering the magnitude of the game!

All I can say is wow. Reminded me of a fencing duel where Mexico was always on the attack with a flurry of fast swipes that the US was always just barely blocking, and then the US comes back with a crushing blow every once in awhile when it sees an opening.

The depressing thing was that when Mexico had the ball on their side, they always calmly brought it up and went on attack again. The best that the US could manage when it grabbed possession on defense seemed to be a clear, which would be collected by the Mexican defenders around the half line and the Mexicans would resume their attack.

Of course, because the US attack was sporadic, when they did come up with it was always on those breakaways like the way the first goal was scored, before Mexico could set up and before a horde of defenders would be around to mob everybody (which Mexico always had to deal with).

Hmm. Great game, anyway.

Edit: aaglo, whether people care or not, newspapers think (realize?) that the World Cup is important national news, and I've always seen US games plastered on the front page of our paper. And more than 10% of the US population at least glances at a paper every day.
                  All syllogisms have three parts.
                  Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Awesome game!

I haven't seen that much yellow since....well....I dunno!

GO US!!!!

Comment

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

USA!
                      USA!
                      USA!
                      USA!
                      USA!
                      USA!
                      USA!

The way the USA played they nearly gave me a heart attack. Mexico did a much better job ball handling and had so many very close shots..... But Friedel did a truly awesome job at goalkeeper, he definitely saved the day for us. This is truly a great moment for US soccer as this our first elimination round win and against a first class opponent no less. Anyway this game was really worth staying up this late to see it live.

I am really starting to like this game. Before this World Cup I held the standard American view that soccer was a boring Europansy sport, but I have really enjoyed watching the different world cup matches and the fact that we are finally starting to do good just makes it better.
                      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Yup, I agree BD, I always liked playing soccer but this has certainly improved the experience of watching it.

But "Europansy" sport? I wonder what else qualifies as that... How about caber tossing? Or rugby? We all know that real men bounce a light ball on a surface while attempting to arc it oh-so-gracefully into a trash basket. Not like those pansies with the trees.
                        All syllogisms have three parts.
                        Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

"
                          But "Europansy" sport? I wonder what else qualifies as that..."

How about cricket- doesn't that sport have tea and crumpets breaks in the middle of the match or something?
                          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I think it's great that the US advances so far - maybe if football becomes more popular in the States they will really put their effort into it, and when the Amis do that they do quite well - just look at basketball, and then look how world basketball has improved after US NBA players were allowed in the Olympics and World Championships 10 years ago - Lithuania of all people almost beat them in semis in Sydney

All for the good of the game - USA! USA! USA!
                            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

gg USA

was extremely impressed by the game....Germany will not be looking forward to the Quarter-Final match
                              Now do you think it's time to wake up the other 90 % of America to see how well they are playing at the moment????????
                              I need Scooby Snacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X