French movies kick ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

believe me, i have seen my share of hollywood

you just cant bring yourself to admit that 95% of it is utter crap. but after all that's a common disease in your part of the woods about plenty of things.

grow up!

dont worry the sky will not fall on your head

Comment

OTOH you can just say that you do like hollywood and thats ok too.

but to try to conveince me, or any other for that matter, that hollywood is "worthwhile", please, dont waist your time

i can be pretentious about plenty of things, but, please with hollywood i really dont have to

Comment

Hollywood is worthwile .

Braveheart, Saving Private Ryan, Indiana Jones, Star Wars. Mmmmm, Hollywood.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

exactly. mmmm as in a bag of pop corn. and that's hollywood

nothing more and nothing less

Comment

What do you have against Popcorn?

I'd rather watch Hollywood than French films that's for sure (unless the French films had some nice French actress disrobing ).
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

i have nothing against pop corn. but that's just what it is: pop corn

Comment

"but to try to conveince me, or any other for that matter, that hollywood is "worthwhile", please, dont waist your time "

I see. The common Paiktis tactic of "I can't be convinced". Typical.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Comment

im sorry DanS but you look really ridiculous trying to "prove" that hollywood is something to really care about

go on and enjoy it. allow me and others not to fall for w@nker mind stuff that turn your brain into jello

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                      Lord of the rings....

sorry but just for including this one, you're gone my friend.

this is something for my 13 year old cousin to be happy about.
                      and for me to see what can be done, tecnhically to transfer the book to film..

see there are 2 words for "entertainment" in greek

one is diaskedasi which is basically what you mean by entertainment and it is considered a lower form of it

the other is psychagogia and a similar word does not exist in the english language. a translation would be "guidance of the soul".

soul fulfilling cinema.

hollywood is just diaskedasi. and its most important ambassadors are movies like spiderman and the titanic.
                      sure ther exist jewels but these are in the margin of the whole thing.

movies that broaden your horizon that talk about real things straight to your sould, uplift your inner psyche and leave you feeling more "complete" after wathcing them

that cannot be found in a ring or a web of a spider DanS.

and you should have talked about some other hollywwod movies if you wanted to shake that image. but again they are the exception.
                      LoTR (the book) is deffinitely psychagogia

the movie is looking to be also (we have 2 more installments though)

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

"but you look really ridiculous trying to "prove" that hollywood is something to really care about"

Where did I did I try to prove that Hollywood was something that you should care about?

If you don't like good stories told well, then Hollywood has nothing to offer you. I'm sure there are better ways to explore the soul of Paiktis. Like church.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Spider Man, Harry Potter, and Titanic were all top-notch stories.

you're funny
                          Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

1)Alien
                            2)Star wars
                            3)Star Trek
                            All of them?

Most of those were utter crap too. Story wise at least.

Doesn't mean they're not great movies. Just different.

Comment

unless the French films had some nice French actress disrobing
                              that goes for nearly all French movies

so does that mean you like French movies better than Hollycrap?

Black Hawk Down
                              Did black hawk down have a story? :shocked:

Comment

For those who havent seen it, its about an american (marlon brando) who is looking for an apartment in paris. For some reason an apartment he goes to look at has a beautiful woman in it that he cant help but sexually ravage up against the wall as soon as he sees her. They have a few more brief lustful encounters without saying a word, but then when she starts wanting to talk to him he anally rapes her with some butter that was handy. Things go downhill from there.
                                that sure is...different.

I got to rent it sometime then.

Comment

Working...
                                X