French movies kick ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French movies kick ass

French movies really kick ass. Vidocq, le Pacte des loups, le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre. All great recent French movies.

To be honest, they really took me by surpise. Go France!
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Don't forget Delicatessen, City of Lost Children, Amelie, The Dinner Guest...all great films.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Amelie is already mentioned I believe the full title was le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain, if I'm not mistaken.

I haven't seen all of those other movies though. I think I'll rent them then.

I've seen La Cité des enfants perdus though. (city of the lost children).

wasn't dinner guest a romanian movie btw?

Comment

The French need to learn the art of editting. I walked out of the last French film I saw . . . twice!!! (I went back in cuz my friend was still in there and I got bored.)

I liked Le Belle et le Bet, Germinal, La Femme Nikita, and Assassin.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No, The Dinner Guest was certainly French, and quite funny.

La Cage Aux Folles is another classic, of course.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I walked out of the last French film I saw
            which movie was that?

btw, it's really nice to have an alternative for hollywood movies.

Comment

[SIZE=1]

btw, it's really nice to have an alternative for hollywood movies.
              Amen, I'm thankful there is a thriving Independent movie business in the USA.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

yeah, but we usually don't get to see them here in Holland.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
                  which movie was that?
                  L'Humanité
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

haven't seen that one either...

Comment

Eric Rohmer is a genius. A pity that most Americans feel that his movies are just like watching a tree grow

PS. French actresses kick ass

Comment

Saint Marcus, If you had to choose between Spider Man and The Piano Teacher, both currently showing in the US, which would you choose?
                        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Don´t forget such classics as Luc Bessons earlier work, the post-apocalyptic Le Dernier Combat, Subway and Le Grande Bleu and Jean Luc Godards orwellian nightmare Alphaville, une étrange aventure de Lemmy Caution
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                            Saint Marcus, If you had to choose between Spider Man and The Piano Teacher, both currently showing in the US, which would you choose?
                            To ask the question is to answer the question... and Spiderman is just one of those thirteen in a dozen...
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

Okay, Alphaville rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X