Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to successfully enter Britain illegally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God give me strength.
    Cheese eating surrender monkees - Chris 62

BlackStone supporting our troops

Comment

Ram them till they give up!

I'm here listening to you. But you won't get any more strength before having sacrificed at least 3 more lambs. I'm getting hungry up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny

Other than my continually stated thoughts that the blanket condemnations by Little Englanders are a bad thing?
        It's quite easy to be critical on emotive issues such as this. It's another matter altogether trying to offer a coherent solution.

Believe it or not, I think our current policies are pretty good. It's not governmental policy I'm attacking- it's media demonisation, and casual slaggings by people like your good self.
        Our current policies - and those would be? The government does not seem to me very coherent in its proposals on dealing with asylum seekers.

I'm no fan of media demonisation either - indeed, I have written newspaper articles defending legitimate seekers of a safe haven from persecution.

But our current system, being the most generous and the most lax in Europe, clearly allows bogus asylum seekers (which I propose make up the majority of asylum applicants) to take advantage of our generosity to people truly in need. Indeed, our extreme generosity acts as too much of an incentive. Hence the emergence of human smugglers and people trying to get here from France (do they really need refuge from there? ).

The process of analysing the right to asylum for an individual - and that of ensuring those that get rejected are removed from the country - needs to be speeded up.

I hate to state the obvious, but I have to in your case. Would you like me to use smaller words in future?
        No thanks.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStone

Trying to be condescending again. Anyway I am talking about the proposals put forward by our Home Secretary for English lessons for people emigrating or seeking asylum in this country.
          The actual policy not phantoms in the press (or indeed your head). Again another attempt to move the goal posts to hide the hideous holes in your rant.

I await (with great expectation)your explanations of the minutiae of the underlying meaning of you post.

Hey! We're making progress!

If you want to discuss governmental policy on asylum seekers, why not start a thread about it? Or, at the very least, discuss it with someone who has some kind of issue with it. Personally speaking, I've no problems with giving them English lessons once they're here. I could have told you that a couple of pages back had you asked.

But....what's that got to do with my criticism of the media and threads here?
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's

I'm no fan of media demonisation either - indeed, I have written newspaper articles defending legitimate seekers of a safe haven from persecution.
            Post a copy here. They'll make a worthwhile contribution to the subject. A worthwhile clarification of your own position too, given your tendency to refer to them as "scroungers"

But our current system, being the most generous and the most lax in Europe, clearly allows bogus asylum seekers (which I propose make up the majority of asylum applicants) to take advantage of our generosity to people truly in need. Indeed, our extreme generosity acts as too much of an incentive. Hence the emergence of human smugglers and people trying to get here from France (do they really need refuge from there? ).

The process of analysing the right to asylum for an individual - and that of ensuring those that get rejected are removed from the country - needs to be speeded up.
            Why are they trying to get here from France? Ever interviewed any? Or seen them interviewed?

In most cases it falls down to three categories, as far as I can see from the interviews I've read and seen on TV.
            1- Family here
            2- Friends here
            3- A sizeable community of others from their home here.

Motives I can understand. Comparative benefits between the UK and France don't tend to crop up.

Comment

So you're acknowledging that the vast majority of "asylum seekers" in Sangatte aren't actually fleeing persecution at all?

I agree with you on the Mail, though. It's reactionary nonsense of the worst kind. But then does the Mail feed public opinion or does public opinion feed the Mail? Either way, it disgusts me. And I'm a ****ing Conservative!
              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Not at all. I have no reason to doubt that they are there through a genuine threat.

However I disagree with assumptions that their reason for attempting to enter Britain from Sangatte is due to the size of the giro they'll get.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny

This is a digression, because my concern is over asylum seekers. For them, the test should not involve language tests. Would you send someone back to torture if they couldn't speak English?

Having said that, we apply no language tests to EU citizens, and they seem to manage.
                  I assumed from the thread title that you were talking about immigrants in general. Of course with asylem seekers language is irrelevent (but then you already knew that...)
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Very few of the Australians in the UK would be illegal. There are a few reasons for this.

Firstly anyone who has parents or even just one grand parent who was or is a British citizen is entitled to work in the UK. Millions of Australians are fit this criteria. Secondly if you have one grandparent who was a citizen of any EU country you have similar rights to live and work in any EU country including the UK. That covers millions more Australians. Thirdly, if you are under 30 you can get a working holiday visa for the UK very easily under a bilateral agreement with the UK. British under 30's have similar rights in Australia. Fourthly if you marry a UK citizen or have a stable de facto relationship you can stay as long as you like. Fifthly, the UK actively recruits Australian accountants, lawyers, teachers, nurses etc. and al these people get working visas.

Given all of the above its very difficult to see why many Australians would be illegal in the UK.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I thought Aussies were criminals where ever they are.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• In keeping with a fine tradition, you should include a somewhere in that post.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                          I thought Aussies were criminals where ever they are.
                          I'd rather be called a criminal than completely irrelevant
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Poor you, you get to be both
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                              Poor you, you get to be both
                              And your country could just drop off the planet and noone would notice

Comment

• The only relevance the Aussies have is getting awful 80s movies made about them and the phrase "G'day mate".
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X