No announcement yet.

My cactus died...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even when held together there are still several holes and I can look inside and see the main string. I wonder if that is a bad sign

Is there a chance to fill the gaps with some stuff without harming the thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      Use bits of sewing threads to tie the pieces together.
      I'll have to arrange some sewing equipment for that one... uh oh...

Comment

Hmm...

Do you have pieces missing? BTW I think you need to water the cactus more frequently now, as there are holes that water can escape from.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The only other thing I'd say is...look up a garden center in the phone book, and ask them.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I would.... alas: all stores closed on German weekends

Comment

No 7-11's? Good God no!
              "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

I tied it together as well as I could, it does look pretty deformed now... hopefully it will grow some mark inside, if not I can forget it anyway, and I already know where to build the grave... What am I saying, grave? It'll be a mausoleum.

Anyway, it doesn't seem likely I'll be able to remove the twine that early.

Comment

And it's smaller than before as well, due to being tied iregularly.

there still are some leaks.

Comment

good luck li'll cactus
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

s'all good. them cactus' are a resilliant bunch.
                      "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

I'm afraid not, Hobbes. I truly am afraid those leaks will conceal his fate.

And if not - how long is it supposed to have those twines wound around it? (I didn't have any twine - so it's a bit more noticeable than twine would be )

Comment

it looks like a package now

Comment

hey good luck man. I don't know jack about gardening ,but I hope it will be alright.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

It's a cactus! It's a ****ing cactus! Get a sense of proportion.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Don't worry too much about the holes in it, there's nothing you can do about them.

Plus, they make your cactus holy!
                                A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X