No announcement yet.

Age of Consent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone honestly think either of those 25 year olds led me on?

I'd say no more than a 10 year age gap though. 27 is probably the oldest I'd go.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
      Physical maturity is not the only factor in determining if a person is ready for sex --- mental/emotional maturity is also an important factor.
      If those are standards for a general law, then we will have to ban sex in its entirety for everyone. A huge percentage of people NEVER reach the mental/emotional maturity you vaunt here.

I am flexible somewhat, as I am not opposed to 17 year old having sex with a 22 year old, for instance.
      Most generous of you. Where's the auctioneer?

I am not opposed to a 17 year old having sex with anyone. If you're old enough to go to college, you're old enough to make your own sexual decisions.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• A huge percentage of people NEVER reach the mental/emotional maturity you vaunt here.
        True dat.
        "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

• Word, yo.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I see that you are down wit it, Asher.
            "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

• My homeboys think so!
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

No, just that the definition I heard was stricter. A 40 year old with the desire to boff a 15 year-old was considered a pedophile, while a 25 year-old wasn't...
                I was talking about the clinical definition, not the legal one.

Having intercourse with someone under 16 ( or whatever depending on the state ) is considered statutory rape, but if both participants are fairly close in age ( 3 to 6 years depending on the state ) charges are generally not brought. Mind you rape is a legal concept, not a medical one. No one's going to put a 14 year old in prison who has sex with his 13 year old friend. A 19 year old would be another matter. There are additional charges for abusing a prepubertal child, but even there no one is going to press a legal issue over a 10 year old playing with an 8 year old unless the younger child is clearly harmed.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• The definition I saw was clinical too. I know what th legal one is...

(Saw this in some idiotic psychology class I took 5 years ago)
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• And that law you just posted is only true in the Sttates. Ours is slightly different...
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by GP

puberty is kind of a vague concept. do you mean specifically onset of menses (not sure what equivent term would be for men.)
                      Actually it's not. There is a physical staging system that's generally very accurate in predicting biological maturity. It's called the Tanner staging system.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        The definition I saw was clinical too. I know what th legal one is...

(Saw this in some idiotic psychology class I took 5 years ago)
                        You mean Canadian "Psychology"? Get with the program, no one looks to Canada for psychological expertise. Maple Syrup, sure, but we're not going to have a bunch of Canadians try to tell us the definition of a "prevert". A sliding scale indeed! Your boys don't even know the difference between diabetes and sodomy!

Comment

• KrazyHorse took this class in Quebec too.

Comment

• Anyway, 14 year olds having sex is like giving Mom that extra baby that she never wanted. When a 14 year old gets pregnant the baby always winds up in the care of the girl's ( or rarely the boy's ) mother, and I do mean always.

Here's an idea: In fairness to the potential grandma to be sex involving a girl under 16 or 17 should not be allowed unless the potential grandma gives her written consent, which should include an explicit acknowledgement that perrmitting the union may impose upon her the burden of caring for the daughter's child for the next 18 years.

No restrictions whatsoever would be placed upon such activity involving boys at any age, but parents will be granted an unlimited right to defend, including extreme measures, the integrity and safety of their progeny until said progeny shall have attained the age of 18 years.

Comment

Working...
                            X