Jewish Federation finds Palestinian flag offensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewish Federation finds Palestinian flag offensive

The Jewish Federation here in Holland is calling for the removal of a Palestininian flag on the house of a local resident. Apparantly, the Jewish Federation and it's (few) supporters find the flag offensive and provocative.

Of course, puting an Israeli flag on one's home is no problem.

Who are the rascists here?
    Last edited by Saint Marcus; May 27, 2002, 12:59.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

That's bull, no matter who came up with that kind of idea. If they had a nazi-flag on the other hand. That would be something I could understand.

Comment

it was on the news even for some reason. briefly though. more like a "let's laugh at stupid people". some spokeswoman for the Jewish Federation Netherlands made a plea to get the flag removed by the police, and then further prosecute the woman (who owns the house) for being an anti-semite.

Comment

The one thing that unites all peoples of the world is ignorance bordering on stupidity.

Comment

Re: Jewish Federation finds Palestinian flag offensive

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
          The Jewish Federation here in Holland is calling for the removal of a Palestininian flag on the house of a Palestinian resident here. Apparantly, the Jewish Federation and it's (few) supporters find the flag offensive and provocative.
          Do you have any respect for the facts, or is your only intention to make propaganda?

The Palestinian flag is not "on the house of a Palestinian resident here", it's on the house of European Central Bank president Duisenberg, and was hung there by his wife.

That's not quite the same, is it?

Or do you think, as Arafat has done all his life, that lying is allowed if it's for a "good" cause?

-

Comment

I removed that part. I heard it from someone else first, and just now saw it on tv.

still I don't see why the flag should be removed.

Comment

then, if "someone" puts the israeli flag in a house of the arab district of Jerusalem is offensive and provocative, isn't?

oh, sorry, I don't remember: a "house" of A.Sharon (an insignificant detail).

...and another insignificant detail: Jerusalem isn't in the Netherlands... a big difference
              Israel = apartheid

Comment

Saint Marcus, I think someone put a Nazi Flag on your house so that their could be no doubt about your feelings on the Jewish question.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

It's the occupation stupid

Comment

They're complaining because someone supports Palestine?

Right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                      Saint Marcus, I think someone put a Nazi Flag on your house so that their could be no doubt about your feelings on the Jewish question.
                      hi ,

nope , that would be a shame , ......using such a symbol of evil , .....nope , it would be to good , ......

aldo the idea itself aint that bad , ............

Saint , just where is that statement , ....

and by the way , if they are out of line they shall get comment , ...

however the reporters of NIK media , have no such report as of this moment , .......

have a nice day
                      Last edited by Panag; May 27, 2002, 14:22.
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Okay, let's start again:

The Jewish Federation here in Holland is calling for the removal of a Palestininian flag on the house of European Central Bank president Duisenberg, hung there by his wife. Apparantly, the Jewish Federation and it's (few) supporters find the flag offensive and provocative.
                        Right, it's still every bit as dumb as it was in the opening post. Continue.

Comment

I agree.

As long as you dont claim that European Institutions are neutral.
                          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Actually, the issue here is clear. This really is not an act of free speech by one Dutch lady. Her husband is a government official. This is almost like the government displaying the flag.

I think this crosses the line.

Anyone familiar with any similar stupid acts by America government officials? For example, I know there are considerable black complaints about the use of the Stars and Bars in the South. As well, Native Americans are on the warpath over use of Indian symbols in the U.S. Recently, for example, California banned the use of Indian symbols for all governmental functions, such as public schools.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

You're a moron. Government officials and their families have the same right to free speech that everybody else does. I could see there being a problem if it was hung in the bank itself, but on an individual's home?

Idiots.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X