Would We Believe This Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luke 2:41-50
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
      "I refuse to prove to you that I exist" says God. "For Proof denies Faith, and without Faith I am nothing."
      "Ah" says Man, "but the Babel Fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? Nothing that useful could have evolved by chance. It proves You exist, so by Your own argument You don't. QED."
      "Oh," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and dissapears in a puff of logic.
      "That was easy." says Man, and, as an encore, goes on to prove that black is equal to white, and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
      Yes, of course! How could I have been so blind?

Douglas Adams was the second coming!
      "The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity." - Anonymous
      "I must confess, I was born at a very early age." - Groucho Marx
      "Time is the best teacher. Unfortunatley, it kills all it's pupils." -Hector-Luis Berloiz

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Isn't that in the Apocrypha?
        The Apocrypha are all from the Old Testament time period. They aren't in the Jewish version of the Bible. They were in the first version of the King James and of course are still in the Catholic versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred

Were there any miracles? There is not a bit of contemporary support for them, unless the Bible is accurate, and cosidering the ambiguity and contradictions in it I see no reason to accept it as an accurate representation of what happened. Many of the claimed miracles in the Bible are similar to what was claimed for other religious figures of the time.
          It is my belief that Jesus Christ used chakra to heal many of the ill or injured people he came across.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

It is my belief that Jesus Christ used chakra to heal many of the ill or injured people he came across.
            Ever see the documentary Marjoe? He did the same exact healing stuff that every other tent and TV preacher does. While doing drugs and two girls at a time. Medical miracles aren't miracles. Just low probability events.

Raising the dead is not an exclusive claim of christians so I simply don't see any reason to believe it happened. Apparently dead people getting up again isn't a miracle either. It happens and no miracle is needed since the person wasn't really dead.

Comment

...of course, it could just be that stories being passed on by word of mouth and then being rewritten and reinterpreted so many times over the millennia could mean it is all nonsense alternatively. You never know, someone at their stuff now could be recorded as a deity in millennia to come by distortion of the true facts...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

This is a question we don't need to consider. The word of God says that when Jesus returns he will return as a Prince in clouds of glory and all men shall see him simultaneously. There will be no question of wether it is Jesus' return or not. All men shall see him and 144,000 living persons will be saved and lifted from the Earth, the rest shall perish.
                Last edited by Carver; May 26, 2002, 21:19.

Comment

144,000? That's very specific
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The word of God says that when Jesus returns he will return as a Prince in clouds of glory and all men shall him simultaneously. There will be no question of wether it is Jesus' return or not.
                    It also said that this would before the generation that Jesus was speaking to would pass. They passed many centuries ago.

All men shall see him and 144,000 living persons will be saved and lifted from the Earth, the rest shall perish.
                    Nice. Another savage and unwarranted slaughter of most of the human race.

Even the JWs aren't quite this crazy. Maybe its because there are more than 144,000 JWs. Or you are a JW and don't know your own religion.

This is just one more good reason to be thankfull the Bible isn't accurate. Humans weren't murdered by a psychophathic god via a world wide flood so I guess we won't be murdered in the future for not being one of the 144,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Carver
                      This is a question we don't need to consider. The word of God says that when Jesus returns he will return as a Prince in clouds of glory and all men shall him simultaneously. There will be no question of wether it is Jesus' return or not. All men shall see him and 144,000 living persons will be saved and lifted from the Earth, the rest shall perish.

That is a wrong interpretation.
                      A few paraghraphs before it says that millions will be saved.

The 144.000 would be like the purest ones, the virgins who choose to follow christ and committed no sins etc etc.
                      Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

I really can't see myself believing in a Christian God, though here is a quote I like that kinda fits in:
                        "God's in His Heaven, All's Right With the World"
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Just to be clear, many people who followed God will be killed by war and persecution before the arrival of Jesus. Millions will be saved. 144,000 is just the number of those alive at the time of his arrival that will be saved.

Comment

I do not believe in that Jesus Christ literally resurrected from the dead.

However, I do believe that he used chakra -- today's modern televanelists are corrupt by taking advantage of guillible people -- there's a difference from what Jesus Christ did thousands of years ago, and what corrupt televangelists are doing today.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Kublai-Khan

That is a wrong interpretation.
                              A few paraghraphs before it says that millions will be saved.

The 144.000 would be like the purest ones, the virgins who choose to follow christ and committed no sins etc etc.
                              he might have some trouble finding this many
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Carver
                                Just to be clear, many people who followed God will be killed by war and persecution before the arrival of Jesus. Millions will be saved. 144,000 is just the number of those alive at the time of his arrival that will be saved.
                                Just to be as clear as the Bible was. This was ALL supposed to have happened in the lifetime of the people listening to the prophecy.

Lots of other false prophecies in the Bible as well. There is no reason to believe there was a first time so it is still the case the there can't be a second time till there is a first.

Even by your reinterpretation of the Bible you still have Jehovah engaging in more pathological conduct. Killing millions or billions is still psychotic either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X