Would We Believe This Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would We Believe This Time?

If (Christian) God walked Earth again, would we Believe?
    Yes
    26.67%
    No
    33.33%
    In Banana We Trust
    40.00%
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Why would one expect all to believe the 2nd time around ?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Would We Believe This Time?

Originally posted by Andemagne
      If (Christian) God walked Earth again, would we Believe?
      He would have to walk the Earth the first time to do it second time.

By the way the Bible does have Jehovah walking the Earth and being seen but I see no reason to believe anything in Genesis. Especially since other parts of the Bible said no one has seen god and that bit in Genesis has Abraham seeing him doing the walking. So clearly he didn't really walk the Earth even according to the Bible.

Comment

If it were just a reprise of the first visit, of course not.

Sure'd there'd be signs, like the Gallo Bros. suing Him for unfair business practices because He changed water into wine, but until CNN bought into it, the general population just would not believe.

However, Biblically speaking, the second coming is supposed to mark the End of the World. It's kinda hard to ignore something like that. "Hey, you four guys, get those #@%&*!# horses off the freeway--I gotta get to work!"

Comment

"Yeah you four - the fat one, the one with the flies, the one with the gun and the one so thin he looks like a skel... oh bugger".

But no - I unless it was Armageddon, I don't think everyone would believe. It's just human nature.
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Maybe he has, but was branded by Republicans as a left-wing commie hippie long-haired weirdo and lynched...
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Many would believe, and hopefully the rest wouldnt crucify him this time.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Well, if he had neato tricks.
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
                  "Yeah you four - the fat one, the one with the flies, the one with the gun and the one so thin he looks like a skel... oh bugger".
                  I thought that was a regular sight in Texas.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

How do we know he hasn't come round a second time already?
                    "The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity." - Anonymous
                    "I must confess, I was born at a very early age." - Groucho Marx
                    "Time is the best teacher. Unfortunatley, it kills all it's pupils." -Hector-Luis Berloiz

Comment

I am a non-conformist Christian.

While I have strong beliefs about Jesus Christ, and see him as one of the greatest people in human history, I do not believe he was the the Son of God in a literal sense.

To me, Jesus was the true prophet of God, who would spread the truth of God.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                        Many would believe, and hopefully the rest wouldnt crucify him this time.
                        Reverand Moon, anyone?
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Jesus was not an incarnation of God, he was/is a creator son.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Reverand Moon, anyone?
                            I dont think so.

Comment

Cal -- I editted that mistake I made already.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X