Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or must I pull up your "Jenin massacre" thread again?

Sorry, didn't know I was supposed to critisize Muslims for having their homes knocked down .

Of course my critiques of Iran and Taliban regimes don't count, and all the times I've said in the ME thread that I don't believe Muslim states should exist either.

Yes, we know you have selective memory, but you should just give it up. Most people put you on the level of Giancarlo. What's a matter, WTC screw up your brain? You used to be such a nice guy before.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
      You, on the other hand, show a propensity towards insulting and cheap remarks towards women, what, pray tell, is your reason for that?
      That, dear sir, is buffonery of the highest order.
      I beg your pardon? On what grounds do you make such a slander? Do you intend to back it up?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Of course he doesn't Rich! You know him. Baseless hysterics against anyone that doesn't tow his line.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

He really should lay off smoking that crack
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            I beg your pardon? On what grounds do you make such a slander? Do you intend to back it up?
            Duck and cover richard?

Have you forgotten your comment to Ming so soon?

How about your rape jokes last year in that thread about the guy who raped the girl in Mexico?

Slander?

Try again.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
              Duck and cover richard?

Have you forgotten your comment to Ming so soon?
              Ah yes, the sand in the vagina comment. You are referring to this rebuttal I presume?

Rather sexist remark, don't you think Rich?

Are you implying that to close a thread is girlish, and that it automatically indicates that women make poor choices?

Rather hauty attitude, considering your rather limited knowledge of the opposite sex, don't you think?

Talk about poor logic. How on earth did you make those leaps. Ever considered a career in creationist science?

How about your rape jokes last year in that thread about the guy who raped the girl in Mexico?

Slander?

Try again.
              Now I have no recollection whatsoever of that thread...you must have the wrong man.

Now withdraw your comment.
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by little Arafat
                Sorry, didn't know I was supposed to critisize Muslims for having their homes knocked down
                Same ol excuses from you.

Of course my critiques of Iran and Taliban regimes don't count, and all the times I've said in the ME thread that I don't believe Muslim states should exist either.
                Funny, I looked at some of your remarks and that seems to be conspicusly missing.

Yes, we know you have selective memory, but you should just give it up.
                Imran, little boy, personal attacks on this level are pedantic, but I'm sure it's the best you can muster.
                Most people put you on the level of Giancarlo.
                HA HA HA HA HA
                Little Arafat has spoken!
                What's a matter, WTC screw up your brain?
                Crude, even for you
                You used to be such a nice guy before.
                You used to be a boy who was worth talking too.
                Sadly that isn't the case any longer.
                Isn't it interesting that your attacks on me only started when I critized those who knock Israel?
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Add Greece to the Axis of Evil!
                  aren't they already?

In case some of you j*ck*ss Europeans haven't realized it yet, Osama bin Laden hates your guts and has you in his sights for "supporting" America's war on terrorism.
                  Bin Laden only mentioned Britain in his latest video. And we don't care much about that.
                  Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Talk about poor logic. How on earth did you make those leaps. Ever considered a career in creationist science?

Logic isn't his strong point.

And Chris, I started critiquing you right after you were whining about the Fantasy Baseball League. I started to realize that Peacemaker was right about you.

Comment

The way I see it, 95% (100%) of the America-bashing is coming from EU leftists. There is not one single EU person that I can recall that has a decent thing to say about Bush. If the posters here really represent EU society, then there is a real and growing gulf between the U.S. and the EU.

I would classify a significant number of EU nations as "hostile" to the US based solely on the posts here. The Dutch, the French and Greeks are openly hostile. In this atmosphere, a real diplomatic break is in the works.

Hopefully, the more hostile countries will simply save us the effort of booting them out of Nato and withdraw voluntarily. Then the continental EU counties would be free to form their own anti-US alliance. Wouldn't you guys really love that! Embargo the US!

This does seem to leave the UK on the outside looking in because the UK clearly is pro-US. We seem to be on a path of rebuilding Napoleon's Europe, united and hostile to the UK and to the US.

If this all happens, and it seems to be happening, the alliances will shfit once again. The UK, USA and I predict, Russia will be allies with a Franco-German-dominated EU allied on the other side.

Blair sees it coming. So do I.

Ned
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                        If you succeed, it might buy you a few years before a truly resurgent Islamic fundamentalist explodes across a brow-beaten Europe.

I predict it will begin in France.

France Islamic fundy? The same France that came within a gnat nadger of voting in La Penn?
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ned
                          The posters are almost certainly not representative of the EU at all. Of the countries you mention, I count 4 or 5 dutch OT posters, one french, and two/three Greeks. (No mention of the legions of Finns...) This is a pretty small sample size to be drawing any sort of conclusions.
                          Weigh in the fact that this is a) a Civ site, b) an english-language site, and most non-Anglophiles here will be educated enough to speak english fairly fluently, and play Civ (Civ gamers seem to be on average of higher intelligence than the general public) and affluent enough to own a PC, and with enough lesuire time to surf a net forum. Your looking at a middle-class young representation of the population. Which adds up to a great deal of lefty idealism, enough cynicism to criticise as eloquently as anyone you can hope (?) to meet, and the mischeiviousness of youth to poke fun at the Yankees at every opportunity. And rightly so. I enter the same category btw.

But this isn't a true representation. Many Europeans, you will find, simply counted give a monkeys bollock what America does, as long as it doesn't affect them.

What I think occurs in this kind of thread (I hesitate to use the term 'debate') is that EU trolling is too much for certain people to take at certain times, and as reactions get more and more intense, so the fun increases (second basic principle of 'trolling').

The UK is growing closer to Europe, Blair wants a referendum on the Euro within the next two (I think) years, and the whole Spain/Gibraltar is to 'form closer links with Spain within the EU'. But at the same time, Europe is increasingly right-wing (France, Netherlands, recently, and Spain, Italy, Austria etc already...) and though its not a political scene I like particularly, its one that is here, and maybe European thinking will come into line a little more with US thinking in the future. Unless of course, the USA insists on acting the "screw-the-world" character that it currently is.
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Chris
                            Serious question, are you on medication or seeing a shrink?
                            I frequently (read never) see eye-to-eye with you on so many issues its not true, but pre-September last year, you always came across as a sensible, highly intelligent person. After that you came across as a highly intelligent, very angry person, and then in Novemberish time, you started posting on FFZ and CG, and calmed down considerably. Yay I though, Chris is returning to sanity. Good for him.
                            But.
                            For goodness sake stop posting in this thread, and go back to 100-0ing Venom and rating singers. You just look a complete idiot from start to finish.
                            There is no evidence of anti-semitism in Europe since 1945. Should we bring up slavery again to claim racism in America? How far back do we have to go to reducio ad absurdum you? At present, your argument holds less water than an imaginary lead seive.
                            I'm not going to start debating it. Stefu's link has a point. If you can bin Laden was a fanatic with no logic behind his actions, it is perfectly justified to do the same with Hitler. The Nazis are dead.

Comment

Many... Many... Many complaints received on this thread...
                              It sounded more like he said this and she said that...

Tisk... Tisk...

You can blame the children for getting this thread closed down.
                              They are going to have to learn how to play better together

Case Closed.

And if I see these arguments continuing in other threads, I'll just have to ban the whole bunch of them, and sort it out later after they have learned how to act like adults.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X