Little Known Facts About Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tiamat

No problem! I'm the music festival queen so when are you coming to Texas and where? And of course if you love music then you have to come to Austin where we are known as "the live music capitol of the world!" Our 6th Street is infamous.
    Yep. Stevie Ray Vaughn on "Austin City limits" is one of the best concerts i've ever seen on TV.
    What?

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
      oh BTW I remember now.

she reached to get her driving license before the cop said anything.

and the cop thought she was reaching for her gun

you are TENSE in the US no?
      Better safe, as they say, than sorry.

Besides, were it in Utah, she wouldn't have lived reaching for the liscense.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• oh - my - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richelieu

Yep. Stevie Ray Vaughn on "Austin City limits" is one of the best concerts i've ever seen on TV.

Stevie Ray Vaughn My Hero. I have a Stevie Ray memorial in my house with several pictures from back stage one awesome one of him just sitting on a speaker warming up. I have the Austin City Limits Tape and two others including a concert in Japan that he did plus several autographs. Almost had one of his gutiars but....alas it was not to be. I go place a Yellow Rose at his statue every year on August 27.

Another Blues man that did Austin City Limits is Buddy Guy. He did one about three years ago. If you ever have a chance to see that one it's really good to. You should watch the band behind him as well.....Storyville, they have an awesome singer who is an albino african american and can sing like you wouldn't believe.
          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

• It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy
            I call it a cart..or a basket...never a buggy...

Comment

• What about my humidity question!?!
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• It's not bad at all, in Dallas, at the moment.
                Won't be long before it's 105 degrees and 90% humidity.
                The humidity, and wind, makes it colder in winter here than most people realize.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• 105 +90% humidity!?!

cg melts just thinking about it.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• I've lived here all my life, and I melt.

In 1980 when my daughter was being carried, it was 69 days straight with temperatures over 100. My poor (ex)wife.
                    Which is the reason we named the daughter Summer.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      What about my humidity question!?!
                      Sounds like the same sh!t Sydneysiders crap on about

Sure, 30 degrees C humid is worse than 30 degrees C dry, but it's a walk in the park compared to 50 degrees dry! I lived in an outback Aussie town where the temperatures pushed 50 (120F!) in the shade!! We used to do the burn test to see whether it was safe to go outside, and to put your whole body outside all at once was courting disaster! If your exposed arm experienced instant pain, you stayed inside

Just to prove it wasn't just me, i have lived in Sydney for 15 years and Sydney humidity is not all it's cracked up to be. After all, tropical islands are humid, aren't they? If humidity is so bad, why does everyone go there?!

The worst part about living in the outback was that the expected drop in nightime temperatures didn't come, and sweltering sleepless nights were for weeks on end. Ah, what i would have given in those days for a tiny breeze!

Comment

• I want to participate in this thread, but I realize that I could get lynched if I participate in this thread, with the avatar that I have right now!!
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
                          I want to participate in this thread, but I realize that I could get lynched if I participate in this thread, with the avatar that I have right now!!
                          Yep, that's right- a republican president.
                          You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

• Right there with ya' Sloww.

My middle daughter was born on August 27th. We lived in Wichita Falls which has no trees, nothing but flat lands and horrible heat. Ok.......maybe not the best mental picture but I used to get three floor fans and strip down to hardly nothing and just sit there in front of the fans and not move. I was miserable!

If your not used to it the humidity can be rough here.
                            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Working...
                            X