The Macedonian Flag Offends Me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Macedonian Flag Offends Me.

and i want all instances of it removed from this site.

if a symbol i support offends someone, and it is taken away, logically any symbol that offends me should be similarly removed.

and my neighbor has a bumper sticker that says "don't rape history, macedonia is greek", and they don't have a father.

for all i know macedonians killed him.

they're nice people. it's too bad the macedonians tortured him for several weeks before finally killing him.

i am mortally offended by the macedonian crest and want it removed from all avatars.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Time for your ritalin, Uberkrux
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

BTW, what is your avatar? It looks like a nazi Manx flag
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I never did trust anyone from the Isle of Man
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ewww God Uberkrux, why on Earth are you sporting an avatar like that? Care to explain yourself?
          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

i'm suprised you aren't in mingapulco

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              Ewww God Uberkrux, why on Earth are you sporting an avatar like that? Care to explain yourself?
              anti-isreali because of their killing of KH's kitty
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

You're so full of ****, UberKruX.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Agreed...
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Was his last avatar some sort of Stormtrooper flag? It had lightning SS insignia and a skull in the background...
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

If I remember right, it's the emblem of the 3rd SS division, the "Totenkoff" (sp?), raised primarily from concentration camp guards from the algemane SS for service in the waffen SS.
                      Chris62 in http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=50503

I'm afraid he's right... Not a very nice avatar...
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

Uber, why the hell sport a nazi avatar if you´re not a nazi? Seems incredibly stupid IMO. Or incredibly trollish, at least Saint Marcus´avatar (the burning Israeli flag) had some class
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Re: The Macedonian Flag Offends Me.

Originally posted by UberKruX
                          and i want all instances of it removed from this site.

if a symbol i support offends someone, and it is taken away, logically any symbol that offends me should be similarly removed.

and my neighbor has a bumper sticker that says "don't rape history, macedonia is greek", and they don't have a father.

for all i know macedonians killed him.

they're nice people. it's too bad the macedonians tortured him for several weeks before finally killing him.

i am mortally offended by the macedonian crest and want it removed from all avatars.
                          I dont think its a big deal. I could care less if someone marched around here with a NAZI avatar or a KKK avatar or something. People should be free to express what they will, and people should learn to get over other's forms of experession (no matter how minor or hate filled they may be). If you have a problem with the symbol you should start a debate with that person about it, and not have it summarilly banned. If the symbol is indeed a symbol of hate, sufficient people will defeat the offensive individual with their insurmountable logic. If one avatar gets banned because one person things its offensive, than everyone else's could be next!
                          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Re: Re: The Macedonian Flag Offends Me.

Originally posted by Pythagoras
                            I dont think its a big deal. I could care less if someone marched around here with a NAZI avatar or a KKK avatar or something. People should be free to express what they will, and people should learn to get over other's forms of experession (no matter how minor or hate filled they may be). If you have a problem with the symbol you should start a debate with that person about it, and not have it summarilly banned. If the symbol is indeed a symbol of hate, sufficient people will defeat the offensive individual with their insurmountable logic. If one avatar gets banned because one person things its offensive, than everyone else's could be next!
                            Pythagorus - you forget that this is not a public forum - it is a private one - the owners and moderators have every right to do as they please -- our freedom is to leave if we don't like the rules. Many of us obviously do prefer this restrictive atmosphere, we like the rules. Freedom of Speech is a very two edged sword - I am prepared to fight for your right to say whatever you may wish - in RL - but don't forget that we are all responsible for not only our own actions but for those of others we might have influenced.

SG[1]
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                            X