No announcement yet.

The Macedonian Flag Offends Me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-- and Hueij -- no offence - just couldn't resist the pun on 'bounds' - I like it too!

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
      -- and Hueij -- no offence - just couldn't resist the pun on 'bounds' - I like it too!

SG[1]
      Guess I'll stick to it a while longer then
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

'Totenkopf'... and why is it I have never seen a Macedonian flag here? Or have I and just didn't notice?

Comment

Re: The Macedonian Flag Offends Me.

Originally posted by UberKruX
          and i want all instances of it removed from this site.

if a symbol i support offends someone, and it is taken away, logically any symbol that offends me should be similarly removed.

and my neighbor has a bumper sticker that says "don't rape history, macedonia is greek", and they don't have a father.

for all i know macedonians killed him.

they're nice people. it's too bad the macedonians tortured him for several weeks before finally killing him.

i am mortally offended by the macedonian crest and want it removed from all avatars.

Hmmm... it seems like a childish response to the restriction placed on him not to use Nazi symbolism in his avatars...

Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The white supremist flag wasn't any better.

Odd choice of how to represent yourself if your not a hatemonger in some fashion.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Re: Re: Re: The Macedonian Flag Offends Me.

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
              moderators have every right to do as they please
              No, they don't. I might have taken this a bif off context, but in any case moderators don't have the right to do what they please. They have the right to do what the admins have given them the right to do. Just like us. It's just that the mods have been given more rights...
              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

OK, Lighty - I stand corrected - but there is still no free speech on ACS -- which was the point I was trying to make...

SG[1]
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

'cos we ain't paying jack, and we ain't speaking - we iz typing
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The freedom of speech is sacrosanct, but I see no reason to strive for freedom of speech on Poly, as nobody has anything that can't be expressed on other forums or through other media.

Freedom of speech is something that is applied to a society as a whole, not to a single medium of a single group. As long as there is a time and a place for free speech within a larger society it does not need to be present everywhere. Can you imagine if an atheist declared their repression at not being able to express their views from the church pulpit? Or a mysogynist complaining that he is not allowed to express his opinion at a Femminists' rally?
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                      Can you imagine if an atheist declared their repression at not being able to express their views from the church pulpit? Or a mysogynist complaining that he is not allowed to express his opinion at a Femminists' rally?
                      Yes I can. Beautiful glorious chaos.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Or a mysogynist complaining that he is not allowed to express his opinion at a Femminists' rally?
                        Funny, I always thought feminist rallys were misogynist convents.

Anyway, anybody who wishes to express their hearts content bout anything are free to do so. In their own medium. When you use someone else's, their rules apply. Simple as that.

But just for the record, while I think UKs avatars are tastless and stupid they're not particularly more so than the whole horde of commie avatars being sported here on 'Poly.
                        Last edited by moomin; May 20, 2002, 17:18.
                        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

An anti-communist Swede?

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper

Funny, I always thought feminist rallys were misogynist convents.
                            Why would a person who hates women be a femminist?
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

You'll be shocked and surprised to learn commies never had more than 20% of the popular vote in Sweden, even back in the 20s when communism was all the rage in Europe.

Now, I understand most of you yank farmboys having a wee bit of trouble differentiating between social democrats and commies, but that's your problem.
                              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Why would a person who hates women be a femminist?
                                Why, instigating and promulgating programs that guarantee loss of respect and professional recognition for talented women seems terribly misogynist to me. Which is what feminists are all about these days, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X