No announcement yet.

Britain Is More American Than European

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well paiktis has. I think he deserves the punishment that is coming to him...a spell in a Turkish prison, and no soap-on-a-rope entitlements
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Always the same, United Kingdom (look, it has no name, like United States... ) is thinking that they are sooooooo important in the world.

Look Spain, it "have" all Central and South America, or Portugal and Brazil, and nobody thinks that they are "sooooooo important". Yes?

Actually The Pope is wining power in comparision of Queen Elizabeth II that is decaying in a vulgar monarchy, like in Norway or Spain.

Sincerely, I preffer Russia in the EU (with and/or without Kazajstan and the others). Why? Simply think in the importance of Russia in an historical vision of Europe. Its capital is in the eurpean side of the country. Is more european-like than Greece (I'm not saying that Greece isn't in Europe!!!!). If you say me that Russia is too big think in Denmark, it is in EU and nobody says "Oh! It has Greenland! Must be Out!".
      Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

• Oh no one takes any notice of the Queen! Power? She is just there to bring in tourists
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• I don't think Russia would want to join the EU even if it were asked...
          To be honest, I didn't understand much of the rest of that post. Suffice to say that the UK often claims above its worth, but partially because others may deride it below its worth. At least we no longer have Thatcher and the horrible Imperialist days. The Commonwealth, too, is losing its importance - Britain is seen less and less as the 'head' and more and more just as a standard member. And so it should be - Britain is no better than anywhere else.
          "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

• British might be more American than European, but we must be more European than American!
            Play the Demo Games!!
            Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
            Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

• That doesn't make ****sense, adamsj.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Look Spain, it "have" all Central and South America, or Portugal and Brazil, and nobody thinks that they are "sooooooo important". Yes?
                Well quite right too - Spain and the Spanish simply aren't important at all.
                It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• this should be locked as it causes only anger and is full of spilled hatred. but then I might just lack the mind t osee the higher, the transcendental point in it

Comment

• Bah. Dilettants. Neither of you is nearly as unimportant as we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthelion
                      this should be locked as it causes only anger and is full of spilled hatred. but then I might just lack the mind t osee the higher, the transcendental point in it

Oh stuff it, Ecthelion!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• at least you spelled my name right. I wonder how people can claim to be brighter than me if they don't even get that done

Comment

• "Lets all go to the lobby"
                          "Lets all go to the lobby"
                          "Lets all go to the lobby"
                          "And have ourselves a coke".

:-P

Wonders just how many years this show can keep on running.

The song .... in case you don't know of the Americanized meaning...
                          is what used to come onto movie screens at intermission time. At least when movies used to have intermissions. Back in the day.

Please continue.

Comment

• sometimes they still have here... LOTR certainly had a break after they arrived at rivendell

Comment

• You know, no post count is increased with that little stroll back through time, Warrior.

Comment

• maybe he just wanted to mention it

Comment

Working...
                                X