Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stew and you are flame trolls
    those are the real trolls, the originals

trolling is really an art. It shouldn't be too obvious, or too joke-ish. It also shouldn't be too serious, you have got to leave room for others to manuever. Posting semi-facts or hear say usually helps, since it may confuse the untrained poster. A troll also shouldn't be too offensive, like the crap Civnation used to pose, nor too mild. If your troll seems to head to much to one direction, try to adjust it. If it's too mild, and you find most people agreeing with you, make it a touch harsher. And tone it down when the mods are starting to complain, or when you really have nobody on your side at all. Be selective in what you reply too, to avoid being cornered. This can also be done deliberatly to piss a poster off.

anyway, there's of course a lot more to it than what I wrote here. like I said, it's an art, and it takes a lot of training. Maybe I'll post a newbie guide to trolling someday.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Am I one of those exceptions?
      I think you are.

Comment

Rumor and propaganda. That's the ticket.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus

I think you are.
          Excellent.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

well, paiktis does it in a humourous way, sometimes... and yes, KH, I actually put that line in there because I wasn't sure when you registered

Comment

Rumor and propaganda. That's the ticket.
              yeah, it sure helps a lot.

Comment

nope, that's only plain annoying

I bet paiktis will come here and even troll on this one

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus

those are the real trolls, the originals

trolling is really an art. It shouldn't be too obvious, or too joke-ish. It also shouldn't be too serious, you have got to leave room for others to manuever. Posting semi-facts or hear say usually helps, since it may confuse the untrained poster. A troll also shouldn't be too offensive, like the crap Civnation used to pose, nor too mild. If your troll seems to head to much to one direction, try to adjust it. If it's too mild, and you find most people agreeing with you, make it a touch harsher. And tone it down when the mods are starting to complain, or when you really have nobody on your side at all. Be selective in what you reply too, to avoid being cornered. This can also be done deliberatly to piss a poster off.

anyway, there's of course a lot more to it than what I wrote here. like I said, it's an art, and it takes a lot of training. Maybe I'll post a newbie guide to trolling someday.
                  It's not nearly as much as you make it out to be.

All you need to do is understand the "motivations", so to speak, of the posters, and you can run with it.

Honestly, though, the rise one gets out of trolling this forum is nothing like trolling a good RTS clan forum.

Comment

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

an anticipated reply

truly Horse, you're getting predictable.. ordered a retirement dorm already?

Comment

So, like, why didn't you anticipate it
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

According to Imran, I am now a "pro-Israeli troll"

Geez, start one thread with a picture of a 5 year old girl killed by a bunch of Palestinian gunmen, and you're labeled troll.
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Shut up ya bloody troll.

Comment

I bet paiktis will come here and even troll on this one
                              stop sucking up to paiktis. Geez.

Geez, start one thread with a picture of a 5 year old girl killed by a bunch of Palestinian gunmen, and you're labeled troll.
                              And rightly so.

So, like, why didn't you anticipate it
                              cause, like, whatever.

It's not nearly as much as you make it out to be.
                              oh hush

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                                Chris posts mostly on CounterGlow now.
                                you mean chris62?

Comment

Working...
                                X