Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warming up to the new iMac (or my computer's cooler than your computer).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardly! I'm enjoying using this computer so much... With pcs it always seems to be like you're reaching some sort of goal, and it's always a pain... With macs it's more about enjoying the journey, the ride.

More evidence that Mac users are on drugs .

And mono, it's about substance over style, and always has been .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
      Hardly! I'm enjoying using this computer so much... With pcs it always seems to be like you're reaching some sort of goal, and it's always a pain... With macs it's more about enjoying the journey, the ride.
      How utterly lame.
      It's what you want to make it.
      For me, I'm into pushing my system to the limit.
      I'm playing around making a game in DirectX 8.1 with friends (3D Asteroids game) which grinds even the most powerful computers to a halt right now. Too much extravagence.

My parent's computer, they take the same approach as you do with your Mac. And it's a PC.

It's about how you use it, it has nothing to do with the architecture. Typical Mac dribble.

You can talk and talk and talk about how fast your computers are: I don't care! my computer runs fast enough for me to play Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, etc. and it just feels SO solid.
      Wow, your computer is fast enough to play games that are nearly four years old now. Astonishing, really, Macs have almost caught up.

Look: If you're going to pay such a huge price, you should get what you pay for. Most Mac users don't realize just how slow and underpowered and underfeatured their computers are, because they buy into Apple BS marketing which focuses on a few select filters in one program to show it's fast (which is a lie, but whatever...)

And as far as stylish... Black and BLUE??? Girl, get youself to Joan's house quick, she gon teach you a thing or two...
      The iMac is stylish in the same way that a New VW Beatle is stylish. I group them all into the hideous drawer, myself.
      The Nobleese case I got is sleak, functional, and looks very cool IMO.

p.s. I have recently discovered the iTunes radiostation tuner. Best tuner I've seen on both mac and pc (trust me, I have alot of experience dealing with PCs); it is so astounding! I have an extremely large number of radio stations to choose from. I have to scroll down for quite a long time, and that's just with them listing the electronic music stations! It's in the little touches...
      iTunes is crap. I (try) to use it on my friend's iBook.
      Remember the "bug" where if you had multiple partitions the installer reformatted your hard drive? Good going Apple.

I don't see how you can say the iTunes radiostation tuner is anything exceptional. It uses MP3 streaming rather than the more compact and functional WMA streaming, it has less stations, and the interface is horrible.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes, it has always been substance over style... But now that is changing! The old imacs were too ugly to be considered a step above the grey boxes in terms of style, and the infamous cube was way too expensive for the average consumer. However, this new machine is a great combination of price (relative to macs, and it's a lot closer to pcs than macs used to be) and style... It truly impresses anyone who sees it in action.

This whole damn thing is just such a PLEASURE to use... I think the word I would use to describe the look and feel is Mediterrenean - I can so easily imagine myself looking out from a villa on an Italian coastline cliffhouse, drinking a cool glass of the finest... This baby is all CLASS.

I think it's worth the money...
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

monolith94: At which point does the computer reach out its hand and stroke your **** for you?

Christ, maybe I should buy an iMac. I didn't know those things took you to the Mediterranean!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

*yawn*

How boring. I still contend that if computers were people, mine would get laid more than yours.

Mine is that cool artist type who hangs out in the underground…
            Yours is the muscle-builder... ew.
            Drake Tungsten
            Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
              How boring. I still contend that if computers were people, mine would get laid more than yours.
              Not really.
              The iMacs are like the nerds with pocket protectors, with their "stylish" cardigan sweaters that look so "neat".
              The powerful PCs are like the Quarterbacks that do everything.

Mine is that cool artist type who hangs out in the underground…
              Chicks dig guys with money.
              Starving artists aren't exactly babemagnets, especially once you leave high school and need money.

Besides, if you're buying Macs you've got more money than sense anyway.

Comment

Yes, it has always been substance over style... But now that is changing!

No it isn't. Computers are always substance first. Apple has just brainwashed you into thinking otherwise .

But.... they aren't. They are computers. And PCs are and have been better computers than Macs.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

HAHA! Glonk buys AMD

That's a nice system though

I've never liked Macs myself or any of their bastard offspring. I'll stick with my PC thanks. I'd like a new system at some point, but my Athlon 700 seems to be doing quite well though

Hey, how much does one of those iMac systems cost?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

How typical of the unwashed boors... to take me literally rather than metaphorically...

In comparison to using a peecee, using anything feels ecstatically blissfull...
                    Drake Tungsten
                    Albert Speer

Comment

We should have a poll in Cosmo to test monolith's theory:

Would you rather marry Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. That will solve this debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

But.... they aren't. They are computers. And PCs are and have been better computers than Macs.
                        Maybe, but until fairly recently the mac os was better.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I can't help but wonder what you would all think if I told you that I use and Amiga on a regular basis...
                          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            HAHA! Glonk buys AMD

That's a nice system though
                            Only because the P4 2.53GHzs are in HUGE demand right now.
                            I went out of my way to find a motherboard that uses the thermal diode in the Athlon XP to shut it off in hardware if it exceeds 75C.

The 2.53GHz are a whole 3 days old now, and are the undisputed performance king. It's hard to get ahold of them right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
                              I can't help but wonder what you would all think if I told you that I use and Amiga on a regular basis...
                              I'd say you're not into voice recognition software!
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Maybe, but until fairly recently the mac os was better.

I'd rather pick Windows PCs since the hardware was much better and cheaper.. and that is what counts.

Comment

Working...
                                X