Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warming up to the new iMac (or my computer's cooler than your computer).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admit it Glonky, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Welcome to the force son
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      Admit it Glonky, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Welcome to the force son
      I want a P4 the most, but the Athlon is definitely a good chip. It's just that the P4 is better.
      Attached Files
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well I like both pc and macs. I use to have a mac, and had it for a long time. I never had any problems with it. Macs are ok if you dont play games that much and use it for word processing or going on the internet, but they tend to cost more than a pc. I read an article on gamespy, at least I think it was gamespy. Anyways it was talking about how apple use it ignore the gaming market, because the guy who started apple hated games, or something like that. Now they have changed theur view and are trying to get devolpers to make games for macs and they are trying to get their processors up to speed with the rest of them that are out there. I have a dell now and it is about a year old, when I got it was I could only get a 933 mghz processor, it was the fastest one the had at that time. I like it a lot too, and have not had any problems with it. One of the reasons I got a pc, instead of mac is that there is very little games for macs, while pc has tons and tons of games that you can buy.
        Donate to the American Red Cross.
        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Cooler than mine, huh? I have an eleven dimesional quantum matrix computer, with a multi time track 705 thz cpu, holographic displays, micro black hole heat sink, power adpater that runs off the vacuum energy, mind machine interface, and a cute little fuzzy decoration!
          Top that!
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I'd say you wouldn't have a computer after you turned it on, because your black hole heatsink ate it all up.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It's merely a micro black-hole, so minute that the computer would have to be switched on continuously for 2500 years for it to swallow the computer up.
              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Is that some of that alien technology the illuminati gets access to? Nice perk of the job eh

Are they up to 2.8GHz already? That jumped quickly!
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  Are they up to 2.8GHz already? That jumped quickly!
                  Nah, the grey bars mean overclocked on that chart.
                  2.53GHz is the latest P4 release.

They're going to hit 3GHz by the end of this year, and an Intel executive has gone on the record of saying they plan to hit 10GHz by the end of 2003 (using the new 0.09 micron process, rather than Intel's current 0.13 and AMD's current 0.18).

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Maybe, but until fairly recently the mac os was better.

I'd rather pick Windows PCs since the hardware was much better and cheaper.. and that is what counts.
                    I pick PC's now myself. Macs have gone in the wong direction for me.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Bot how much did it cost you Monolith?

Actually, how much do those damn things cost?
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

He said in his original post it cost him $1600US

Comment

F**k me sideways with a cucumber, that's a lot for something of that speed
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Well, I just downloaded a demo of a game, Myth 3, and it ran pristinely, so whatever...
                            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                            Drake Tungsten
                            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                            Albert Speer

Comment

I can't wait till I see the marks for Unreal Tournament 2003 on the iMac. When it's getting ~60fps on the highest end of PCs in 1024x768, I'm sure it'd be unplayable on an iMac.

Same with DOOM3.

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                                Well, I just downloaded a demo of a game, Myth 3, and it ran pristinely, so whatever...
                                Isn't that game like 3 years old?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X