Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warming up to the new iMac (or my computer's cooler than your computer).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warming up to the new iMac (or my computer's cooler than your computer).

Well, I did it! Because I'm going to be going off to college, it was decided that I would need a computer of my own, and so it was decided we would go down to the Apple store and pick up... the BRAND NEW IMAC! We got the middle of the range one, which set us back $1600, but ah well. It was well worth the money...

This thing runs great! I can hear all the little PC users now, "but your computer is slower than my 2 gigaherz pentium 3 with geforce 4 Ti!!!

Ah yes, but only in the highest tech games. There's really only so much faster that one computer can be than another in such mundae activities as checking email, typing, etc...

And besides, my computer has one thing that all your computers don't have - STYLE!

It does not look like a desk lamp! If any of you come into actual contact with this gem, you will see what I mean. if our two computers met, your computer might beat mine up, (although my sprightly little bastard would put up a damn good fight - from what I've seen this computer is quite fast) my computer would certainly pick up alot more female computers!

So pithy on you and your silly peecees I say, this thing is gougreous, runs great, and is so easy to use that I don't need none o'yo lip!

p.s. I did have some trouble connecting my old computer to the new one via appletalk, but this was quickly resolved by calling apple, how told me I had to download a patch, which I did... Only real problem so far...
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Have fun playing with you Desk Lamp.

*graffiti*MACS SUCK*graffiti*

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

*pops in*

Well, you may think it's got style, but it looks like it's a Fischer Price toy to me. Performs like it, too.

Myself, my new gaming computer is an Athlon XP 2100+, 1GB of DDR333 RAM, GeForce 4 Ti4600, 120GB HD w/ 8MB cache, SB Audigy, and a very very cool case. Image attached (note that the blue part is actually mirrored!)

Complete with a door, excellent airflow, spots for 2 case fans (overclocking, woo!), ample bay space (4 5.25" bays, 7 3.5" bays).

My computer's cooler than your computer.
      I got mine for a helluva lot less money too (at cost!). Suck it.

The last of the parts is to trickle in tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm off back to work.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher... nice ****ing computer!!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I agree.
          40x CD burner (24x CD-RW), slot-loading 16x Pioneer DVD-ROM, Switfech HSF unit for overclocking, and the ultimate video card to overclock:

*Tim Taylor Grunt*
          I wish I could take home a P4 system, but they're too in demand for them to give me a deal on it.
          We've got some P4 2.53GHzs at work, complete with the new i850E chipset and some Samsung PC1066 RIMMs.

Very cool stuff.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Whats the MB? And you say you paid <1600! What truck did it fall off of? :Jealous:
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
              Whats the MB? And you say you paid <1600! What truck did it fall off of? :Jealous:
              Asus A7V333 (KT333 chipset).
              The price doesn't include a monitor (I'm keeping the 19" Trinitron I've got at home).

And I got the components through work at cost. One of the perks of the job.

Grand total was ~$2000CDN, or $1240 US.

Comment

Aww, I kust have a little laptop

Comment

Well, you know what they say...I've got to compensate.

Comment

Compensate for... having a small penis?
                    Drake Tungsten
                    Albert Speer

Comment

Just like Mac people with their 'stylish' PC .

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                        Compensate for... having a small penis?
                        That was the joke, yes.
                        It's not true but it's still fun to have some fun with it.

On a semi-related note, I saw some benchmarks of Adobe After Effects (or Premiere, or something -- video editing software). It was a Dual G4 1GHz vs. Single Athlon 1.4GHz, and the Athlon was roughly twice as fast, and half the price.

Comment

I think this thread is yet another example of how PCs f*cking own Macs.

Comment

Hardly! I'm enjoying using this computer so much... With pcs it always seems to be like you're reaching some sort of goal, and it's always a pain... With macs it's more about enjoying the journey, the ride.

You can talk and talk and talk about how fast your computers are: I don't care! my computer runs fast enough for me to play Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, etc. and it just feels SO solid.

And as far as stylish... Black and BLUE??? Girl, get youself to Joan's house quick, she gon teach you a thing or two...

p.s. I have recently discovered the iTunes radiostation tuner. Best tuner I've seen on both mac and pc (trust me, I have alot of experience dealing with PCs); it is so astounding! I have an extremely large number of radio stations to choose from. I have to scroll down for quite a long time, and that's just with them listing the electronic music stations! It's in the little touches...
                            Drake Tungsten
                            Albert Speer

Comment

So now that you've been put in your place by a gang of unruly PC thugs Why did you pick an Imac anyway? I use macs at work (where I dont pay for them) but except for the laptops, I've never thought they were worth the money.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                              X