Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warming up to the new iMac (or my computer's cooler than your computer).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But by then there'll be a new imac...
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

By next year? They are totally redoing it every year?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
        UT 2003 is due out in July, IIRC.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Whoops, I was wrong.
          June 19th Unreal Tournament 2003 goes on sale.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Word is, Apple puts most of their R&D into short-term projects and other features that make Macs a "pleasure to use" , so the new Mac next year will be even farther behind.

Comment

Monolith94:

I, too, have an (older) iMac that I purchased in May 1999. It's a 333mhz machine that fulfills my needs more than adequately (which might not be too demanding, since I don't have this compulsion to keep up with the Joneses nor do I play much 3D gaming).

I'll probably acquire an 800mhz iMac sometime before fall. And a printer, some software and (maybe) scanner ... so the whole package will probably total $2100 to $2200 (shipping and miscellaneous expenses will be extra).

Here's to hoping you never have a kernal panic.

Gatekeeper (a soldier of the Apple Nation )
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I'll probably acquire an 800mhz iMac sometime before fall. And a printer, some software and (maybe) scanner ... so the whole package will probably total $2100 to $2200 (shipping and miscellaneous expenses will be extra).

OUCH! That's ****ing expensive for an 800mhz!!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Shi!te, I can buy a 1800mhz athalon in NZ dollars for that
                  Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                  Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

I could have mailed you a 2.2G P4 Asher. According to your chart that's what you should have bought.

Of course, it would have cost more than your mother board and CPU combined.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I love Macintoshes! They're so much friendlier than PCs.

/me burns picture of Bill Gates
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Imran:

It's my understanding that Apple calculates their speed differently from PC companies. RISC vs. CISC or something like that. All I know is that an 800mhz machine would be more than sufficient to handle anything I could throw at it. Besides, isn't it common knowledge that you get what you paid for? I think a $600 PC machine (particularly a Gateway) might be a bit, eh, cheap on the inside.

Gatekeeper
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

They are very similar, GK... 800mhz isn't anything like a 1Ghtz P3... and since you said the 333 mhz was adequate, if you going to drop that much cash, get some quality!! Like a PC.

I mean, for that much money you can get a PC with 2.0 Ghtz chip!! About twice as fast.

Comment

Dollar for dollar, PC is more for less.

However, the deciding factor for anyone's purchase should be what they will be happy with. Prejudices are a large part of what make people happy.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Well paying that much for such sh*te performance is ridiculous. The dinosaur should die!
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Bah... here I'm stranded with an AMD k6-2 of 500 MHz without the money (or will?) to buy a new one... Heck, it's even so unreliable it can't do a kernel compile without crashing gcc... Maybe some of you would like to switch an "old" 1GHz CPU+mobo of any kind with this C64 of mine that already has antique value ...
                                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
                                X