No announcement yet.

GP's Version of United State's History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, this would have worked much better if you had used REAL QUOTES. As it is, I bet you end up looking more foolish than him.

RAH
    1/10
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I wouldn't bet against you, rah. By the way--love the avatar.

MrFun, I may not agree with 95% of what GP says, but he wouldn't make the comments that you've attributed to him. Wiglaf, maybe. Not GP.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

23 /10

gave him some points over the 'rare appearance' and the 'personal attack' clauses

he will learn.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Do we really need to have people calling others out in the OT? Let's try to keep things from getting personal like this...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Isn't starting a forum just to draw someone into a fight a faux-pas? Seems terribly impolite!

First, Americans do tend to idolize their history too much. We like to make a lot of half-truths and myths about how wonderful everything has been and always will be. We even take the parts we know are awful and gloss over them with excuses (Sloww, as I proved statistically waaaay back in the thread about the South and slavery, it was NOT merely "a few" who owned slaves, it was a great many.)

BUT, I do not think America's problems and, in some cases, crimes are worthy of distinction over any other major superpower that has ever existed. And we certainly do a lot of things better today than the Brits were doing in India or the Dutch in Africa.

Trivia Question:

Which European Colony imported the largest number of slaves to the New World between 1500 and 1870? And which one had the smallest slave imports? Answer may be surprising.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I would bet the "smallest slave imports" was the good 'ole USA, because our predecessors figured out it was easier to breed them here than import them.

As for the most... hmm... probably one of the Spanish possessions.

Un-Fun troll, by the way.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Brazil had the most slave imports, IIRC.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Fun,

This is a great country. You see the flaws in the diamond and miss the sparkle.

You still need to take some historiography...(this is not just an ad hominem)

Thanks for watching my back, Rah, Rex, Boris, Guy, AS, etc. I don't think funboy means anything nasty. He's just playing around...
                  Last edited by TCO; May 8, 2002, 13:30.

Comment

BTW, since my "GP's spiderman thread" thread has dissapeared (suspiciously...I might add), it's only right that I have a history thread at least.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                      The whole slave thing was pretty bad.
                      Not as bad as England though!
                      Slavery and Indian Policy were begun in the future USA under English rule and law.
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                        And we certainly do a lot of things better today than the Brits were doing in India or the Dutch in Africa.

Please enlight me, what exactly did we do in africa?

Comment

I think he meant the Belgians. They were a bunch of right bastards.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Boris, did you mean Belgium (Congo), or something else?

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Thought so, we only build some settlements in South Africa untill the English kicked us out (as usual)

Comment

I think the one thing this thread proves is that while most of us slept through history class, Mr. Fun created a rich fantasy history to dwell in.
                                Sorry...the world just isn't that black and white, normally...birth pains of a great nation and all that.
                                Life and death is a grave matter;
                                all things pass quickly away.
                                Each of you must be completely alert;
                                never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Working...
                                X