No announcement yet.

Where do you draw the line???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and can you guys stop flaming David Floyd? Unless you're just joking with him.
    Oh, it's no biggie...I think mostly people are just ****ing around, and I'm trolling anyway
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd

Oh, it's no biggie...I think mostly people are just ****ing around, and I'm trolling anyway
      Ah-ha!!! So you ARE provoking this lynch mob!

But anyway --- are you an extreme libertarian?? Or do others just perceive you to be an extreme libertarian when you're really not??
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I don't consider myself extreme, but many would.

Rest assured, everything I say id what I believe, but it's fun to use my beliefs to troll people out, especially right-wingers
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

You do a fine job in appalling us sensible moderate-liberals as well. Keep up the good work, and you might end up without my protection from the next Apolyton lynch mob.

Comment

Re: Re: Where do you draw the line???

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

However, I am a huge believer that when the Founding Father's said "well-regulated," they meant it. So strident regulations on firearms is no problem for me either. You gun nuts can just wait for the FBI to do a background check, it won't hurt too bad. Unless you have something to hide, which means you shouldn't have a gun anyway. And don't get me started on cop-killer bullets.
            Perhaps you could explain to me exactly what a "cop-killer" bullet is?
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

A "cop killer" bullet is perfectly legitimate ammo that has the added bonus of penetrating most body armor.

Felons already can't own guns, so banning certain types of ammo not only gives off a presumption of guilt, but also affects only law abiding citizens.

Comment

David Floyd, my favorite nemesis --- there is no legitimacy in cop-killer bullets. Law-abiding citizens -- for the most part, have no need to kill cops.

Comment

If you're Libertarian I'd say you draw the line at Anarcho-Capitalism, no?

Comment

Re: Re: Where do you draw the line???

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

3) banning firearms -- idealistic, but totally UNREALISTIC

Not even idealistic, as I have no problems with sporting guns. In fact, hunting rifles are a must. Hunting helps keep deer and other wildlife population under control and prevents ecological damage.
                    says the man who lives in one of the bigges metropols on earth... oh please *wipes tears from eyes*

I think there is better way to keep wildlife population under control, and it is called HIGHWAY or FREEWAY

And exactly WHAT ecological damage you might refer to? Deers are ruining the finely balanced ecology of New York?

I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
                      Across the line:

Regulating guns
                      Regulating orivate business outside of anti-fraud laws
                      Funding any social services
                      Funding foreign aid
                      Banning drugs
                      Banning any other victimless crime as well (gambling, prostitution, etc.)
                      Coercion

And things of that nature.
                      1. Without regulation on guns, society would turn into the old West. Only instead of six-shooters, everyone would have assault rifles. And since the frontier towns are cities now, there would be many times over the amount of violence. David, even with gun regulation, over 30,000 people a year are shot to death in the US. The US has the highest per capita murder rate of any Western Nation, and also the least restrictive gun laws.

2. Even at this juncture, business isn't regulated enough. With less regulation, businesses would engage in more pyramid schemes, joint monopolies, and parallel pricing scams even more than they occur today. Society would become like a feudal system. 1% of the country would hold 99% of the wealth, or more even.

3. Did you know that corporations receive more welfare money that is used in all other social programs for the lower class? And without these social programs the streets would be filled with even more drug dealers and criminals than they are today.

4. Without foreign aid, countries wouldn't be able to develop, or sustain, their economies or infrastructures. Like it or not, the capitalist system you worship has forced the US into a symbiotic dependency on foreign aid. Without aid, other countries would suffer economic collapse and in this global economy, when one country fails, other follow. That's when fascist regimes rise up. Although I don't think you'd be opposed to that.

5. OMFG, I actually agree with you.

6. HOLY SH!T IT HAPPENED TWICE... I bet the devil is making some wicked snowmen.

7. I'm not sure what you mean, please elaborate.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My line is pretty much anything that puts takes away my right to choose in favor of arbitrary government rules and regulations.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

i have some gripes
                          - gay 'marriage' (okay, but they should invent their own word)
                          - gay pairs adopting
                          - abolishment of capital punishment

two gripes at the other end:
                          - keeping blasphemy as a part of the penal code
                          - keeping religious holidays (instead, please increase the number of non-working days that people can use as they see fit)

Comment

Normally, I'm a tolerant person. But I still have my limits.

1. Misleading and deceitful governments and political parties (especially during the weeks leading up to election days)

2. Scapegoating against any legitimate demographic.

3. Tax-exempt status on religous estate.

4. Legalisation of nonsensical religious practices such as "Faith Healing".

That's all that comes to mind at this point.
                            "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                            "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                            "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                              David Floyd, my favorite nemesis --- there is no legitimacy in cop-killer bullets. Law-abiding citizens -- for the most part, have no need to kill cops.
                              Don't you understand MrFun. These bullets are ideal for killing small game. Same with Semi-automatic assault rifles, rocket propelled grenades, and of course the nuclear warhead. Not to mention that all of these can be used for protection during a break in to your house.

Get with the times!
                              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by orange

Don't you understand MrFun. These bullets are ideal for killing small game. Same with Semi-automatic assault rifles, rocket propelled grenades, and of course the nuclear warhead. Not to mention that all of these can be used for protection during a break in to your house.

Get with the times!

Yeah -- you're right. Our society is not crazy enough for David, so that why he proposed unregulated firearms and unnecessary types of ammo.

Comment

Working...
                                X