Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prove Stefu your ideal society would result to greatest good for greatest number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh, Che has point. Mimes = evil.

All the world's problems would be solved without them .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
      Damn you, LightEning! Now I want to know how it ends.

Evil LightEning! You most certainly didn't increase my happiness!
      Just enable Javascript and you should be able to read the ending with banner ads...
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Oh, o-tay. I've never got what was so terrible about banner ads, anyway. Odd story. Ending was a bit flat.

BTW, that Apollonians part of your sig is starting to bug me. Take it off.
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

By your will, Oh Ultimate Master.
          This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by LightEning
            Easy. Just make everyone think the same way. It isn't as bad as it sounds
            That sounds like that quote from Uutisvuoto.

LightEning; what's this, sucking up to Stefu?
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Hey, cool! I'm obeyed!
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Only by your right hand... and even that is tenuous.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

My right hand does what I want it to do!

It's the left hand that's problematic. Goddamn two-timing bitch.

Comment

Technocommunism. See The Cassini Division for details
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                      Now, the second one is more problematic. Still, this is not really utilitarian. For one thing, most people still want to live in real world, and again, we shouldn't really go against this wish.
                      Put then in the fantasy world without them noticing it (chemical stuff in their food to make them asleep, then put them in the machine, ie). Then there wouldn't have any trouble due to protests.

Still, if we could have theoretical system which provides life without danger and with our every wish fulfilled, and system wouldn't break down, and we could breed if we want to, then why the hell shouldn't we take it?
                      We already have lots of way to die without pain. Why don't we suicide immediately ourselves ?

It's just some kind of primal urge to cling on to "real" life. If I was completely sure that the machine wouldn't break or start getting homicidal, and I'd have the choice to plug out if I want to, then I'd hook myself up, certainly. Wouldn't you?
                      Never, rather be dead meat than dead mind.

What's mathematics in it? Terms might be a bit clunky, but basically, utilitarians just want everyone to be happy. Looks a better moral system to me than the other options.
                      Maths are a simple addition. Morality is principles. Harming two people is not worse than harming one, what make one thing worse is the morality of the action.
                      Practical example : two people want to kill me. I don't want to. I have to fight and I kill them, or I don't and they kill me. If we're mathematics, then it's better for them to kill me (one dead) than for me to kill them (two deads). Though, morally, it's unacceptable.

So talking about "average" or "addition" or anything like that is futile when you come to principles, which are what make a society.
                      Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

It's not sucking up to Stefu.... It's a custom .

Comment

That's, like, the first time for aeons that I see LightEning use the smiley. Honestly. Must be the time of 'day' influencing here.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Probably... I've got a feeling in my head like there was something big inside there... A lost twin brother, maybe? As in that novel of Stephen King..

Comment

I propse that we eliminate all racism. We could have people called "watchers" to enforce that noone speaks any racism...or thinks it.

Comment

GP: And a president who serves for life ?

(excuse my deteriorating English)

Comment

Working...
                                X