No announcement yet.

Childhood misconseptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was little, I thought you could shake up a bottle of water and it would fizz and such just as a soft drink would.

I also thought that if you scremed into a bottle, the scream would be contained in the bottle.
    You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

Can't really remember anything that turned out to be totally wrong...

I used to say "Sorseycow" - it was some kind of a combination of Cow and Horse that I used to refer to both of them.

Oh, btw, dm, I think that quite a few kids that were picked on thought the same thing at times...
      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
      New faces...Strange places,
      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd

The Torch landings quite arguably provided the basis for the huge Russian victory at Stalingrad, by drawing off large numbers of reserves, combat aircraft, supplies, and air transport.

not just staligrad!
        Kursk too.
        Germans pulled 70,000 elite SS troops and 800 tanks from Kursk to deal with the Italian threat. So yes you are correct. But the Ruskie's probably would of still rolled the germans at that point anyway. For every tank lost the germans replaced it in 2 days. For every Russian tank lost, the ruskie's replaced the next hour.

Oh I have no idea what this thread is about. Im kind of drunk and saw this and felt like responding.

Comment

I knew the Marines invaded Pacific islands in WWII, so I thought "shores of Tripoli" referred to place in the South Pacific.

I thought the Golden Gate somehow opened.

I thought Lake Arrowhead was actually shaped like an arrowhead, which is how it got its name.

Comment

mac: what..that they were going to be the bride of satan?
            "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Haha, no dm, the last one. At least, I got close to that conclusion a few times... not exactly how you felt, but similar.

I was more of a "I'll show them" when I got picked on.

Comment

ah! cool. I STILL feel like that sometimes..then i have to tell myself i'm just thinking crazy. I never had the "i'll show them" attitude..more of a whimpering "just leave me alone or let me die" sort of thinking.
                "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

No way. I always thought there had to be some grand purpose for me. Plus I was pretty lucky in having good parents (definitely not perfect, but they did help).

Thankfully, after a really bad incident my senior year of high school I finally got a little help and felt like people finally knew what was going on. Since then I've bad days and weeks, but overall good stuff is happening, and I know that things could always be worse.

Comment

Working...
                  X