No announcement yet.

Where does your screenname come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel of Time. This is the first time I used this name, and I've used it with the error (should be Rand Al'Thor, I mixed up Dutch and English spelling) in almost all other forums since. (except Newsmax where I'm Perin Aybara from Wheel of Time, wich SHOULD be Perrin Aybara, but was misspelled because I mixed up English an Dutch spelling.)
    Fire and ice and death awaiting. But he was steel, he was steel.

Comment

My real initials are YRD.
      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Stiby is a nickname my sister once gave me, sort of like a childish way to say my real name (Stefan).
        And Dr. is just to get used to my future title, soon to be a psychologist.
        "I will not give you a cup of water if you were drowning in the desert!"

Just my favourite CIV-quote. :)

Comment

Why? I needed a name and couldn't come up with anything.
          Who's the guy ? It's all here. http://encarta.msn.com/find/Concise.asp?ti=0665A000#5
          It also explains the avatar...
          What?

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon

Who looks suspiciously like a character out of the Dragonlance saga?

The ravagons were the elite hunters despatched to Core Earth to hunt down the Storm Knights.
            yeah , she does doesn't she
            all the paintings of boann i found were just not how i see her..
            i rather like this spirit........
            warrior but very female... thats me.
            just have a war with me in civ ....then you will see
            "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

I now wish not to have searched
              "felch slang" on google...

Anyway, mine is a song from Beck... that is the inspiration, but there was a series on britsh TV with the same name as well...
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Well, in highschool I got the nickname Burns... no comment on why

When I signed up for 'poly the name Burns was already taken, so I decided to add something to the beginning of it. My g/f was calling me a skanky wench at the time, and the rest is history
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I got tired of screen names, so I just picked my name. Sava is my name. I don't feel the need to hide behind a name. And if I want a nick name I'll use "Sava the Assassin", or "Sava the insane liberal".
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
                    i'll let you figure out the 469 part lol
                    69 - four times?

Mine is my wrestling Playstation game name. It comes from this thing I had for a girl called Beck once - Where It's At is that song by the band Beck - and hey presto - tenuous connections rule!
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I now wish not to have searched
                      "felch slang" on google...
                      Join the club!

Kassiopeia, now, that's a constellation. Cassiopeia for Anglos, Kassiopeia for the rest. Why kassiopeia? First off, the first letter is not capitalized because I forgot to do it. And never bothered to replace it. Secondly, I shuffled through an encyclopaedia - the rest is history.
                      It does possess meager humouristical value, serves as a Finnish inside joke (closely related to my avatar).
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

In fact Eli registered as Builder, so he can't say he registered under his first name out of being unimaginative

I used to be Andz83 - that is 'Andy' (short form of my first name Andreas) typed on a German keyboard with American setting on, turning the Y into a Z. '83 is the year of my birth.

Then Chaos Warrior - it's the title of a hero from Master of Magic, whose name is Warrax. Therefore my AIM name WaraxCW - it's basically Warrax the Chaos Warrior

Ecthelion - elve from Gondolin, gatekeeper and slayer of gothmog the balrog king, first age of middle-earth history. Later on, 2 stewards of Gondor (17th and 25th since the last king), who are Ecthelion I and Ecthelion II of Gondor. hence, ICQ name is nowadays Ecthelion III, so I'll be the first steward Ecthelion of Gondor once the new king line vanished. (this is all related to Tolkien literature, basically related to Lord of the Rings)

other boards:

Ilúvatar - sort of the one godhood in middle-earth thinking, he's Allah for humans, elves, even for the bad ones, but their bosses don't like him anymore so they don't quite pray or anything...

Woyzeck - after a German novel from the 1830s, only used this for a bout a week at CG though

ProvostA - as in Provost Andy, so it was related to ProvostD. I chose this to piss of PH at the early CGN

AndyCandy - my name later at CGN, it's what my grandma (father's side) called me when I was very young
                        or would that be my mother?

did I forget any?

Comment

Originally posted by problem_child
                          My name comes from one of the Iain M Banks novels Excession, its the name of a space-craft (back in the days when space-crafts still had captains, mainly to be leaders of the crew- not the ship)
                          I like to choose names from this site sometimes:

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh
                            I am sure everyone (with taste) knows where my name comes from.
                            do you come from the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBaggins
                              do you come from the UK?
                              Yes, but I live in France and it seems like years since I had a decent curry.

Comment

I know the feeling. I long for a good Balti. There are some half-decent Curry Houses around NY, but there always seems to be something missing.

Ultimately, I've just got good at making my own, although curry base takes an entire day just to make a batch large enough to make it worth my while, and Naan are a pain in the ass to do. The temperatures involved in preparing are tough to get...

Comment

Working...
                                X