No announcement yet.

Where does your screenname come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my highschool there was one guy with the same name as I had. So my classmates invented me a new name...
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I was not in a creative mood when I created my current and only, screen name for my Apolyton registration.

Even though it's not creative, I guess it suits my personality alright.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

there is a person named g.m. at cg...that isn't you?
        kh: huh?
        "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
          I'm not very creative, so I just registered with my first name.
          Ditto.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

DM: he owes me ten points...
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              So what do you do now?
              I changed to an Economics/Arts double degree

Originally posted by Asher
              And what do you mean crushed that illusion? Hated doing programming?
              I both hated and sucked at programming
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

There was once a reggae-dance hybrid artist in around 1995. He only had one famous song, whose lyrics didn't make sense, but it had a cool beat. His name was . . . Mr. President!!

In addition, there used to be a little in-joke in my social group at my old school. I was the only American (indeed, the only foreigner) in a Tasmanian high school. Just about the only thing they knew about America is that it has a President. I was American, hence I must be "Mr. President", one of my friends was the Vice-President, and so forth.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Way back in the dark ages of the Internet, before the advent of web browsers, the net was a primitive, cold, UNIX-type world. User IDs (at least for my ISP) were case-sensitive and could only be a max of eight characters. I've used this ID for various things ever since.

You have the coolest screen-name on Apolyton, Felch X.

You wouldn't say that if you knew what "felch" meant in gay slang. I snicker every time I see Felch X's name.
                  Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Originally posted by mindseye
                    You wouldn't say that if you knew what "felch" meant in gay slang. I snicker every time I see Felch X's name.
                    Dude, I know exactly what felch means. I thought for sure he was going to have to change his name when he first created it (I posted this in one of his very first threads too).

I, too, snicker every time I see "Felch X" as a poster in a thread. That's why he's got the best screenname on Apolyton.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If only I knew what you guys were talking about...
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Check your PMs.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Dude, that's gross.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

He should be thankful the mods are so clueless with the slang terms these days. But now that so much attention's been drawn to it he's in for it.

Comment

Pius Poprush, spelled the german way. Inspired by Micky Mouse and Donald Duck and Civ3.

Comment

Originally posted by boann
                                BOANN - Boann is the Celtic goddess of rivers.
                                Who looks suspiciously like a character out of the Dragonlance saga?

The ravagons were the elite hunters despatched to Core Earth to hunt down the Storm Knights.

Comment

Working...
                                X