No announcement yet.

What's Your Favorite TV Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, it isn't as good as The Practice, as far as law shows go, but it is fairly good.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

judging amy is a chick show only. Real men would never admit to watching it unless they are watching it with their girlfriend/wife

Comment

I've never really watched Boston Public, considering I live in Australia and we only just got it here like this week, but it really didn't look that good from the commercials.

Of course the Simpsons are a must-see as well.
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I don't watch much TV, but I would have to say the best (funniest) show out there is Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Comment

BP, Having Harvey Lipschitzs (SP?, besides having one of the funniest names on TV) have a black son. Or having a successful lawyer give up everything to seek fulfillment as a teacher. Or having Jeremy's mother claim to have lost her hand in a chainsaw accident. Most definately a Comedy. Which is good since it fails miserably when it tries to be drama through the use of the absurd. The drama is limited to "short shock value" to be used in promos. And a school where most of the female teachers have a great rack.

Simpsons, (the middle seasons, Now only about 1 in every three shows)

Sienfeld, (after the first season, and the final sucked)

Cheers,

Frasier, (on the downward spiral)

MASH, (the earlier seasons)

Ally McBeal, (my wife makes me watch it )

*gasp* Survivor (a reminder of just how stupid people are)

The Practice, (another Kelly show that is a comedy disguised as a drama through the use of the absurd) And how can a law firm that has the reputation of winning like they do, not seem to ever make any money.

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My favorite shows-

Most British comedies PBS feels like putting on, including-

-'Allo 'Allo
              -Keeping Up Appearances
              -The Vicar of Dibly

And

-Law & Order: SVU
              -Hogans' Heores
              -Golden Girls (Don't ask me why.)
              You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

I'd watch Judging Amy over Bostin Public any day.
                And not because I like Judging Amy either.

Bostin Public just seems
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

At this time, the only damn science fiction show that my local television networks in their infinite wisdom want to show - Stargate SG-1. But hey, it's a really good show.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

My favorite shows, and the only ones I really watch on a regular basis:

Will & Grace

Queer as Folk

Friends

7th Heaven
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

What are the parameters?

Airing in the US right now, it would have to be Invader Zim. Forget Simpons, this is a cartoon with real bite. It's done by Jhonen (of "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac" fame), so how could it be otherwise?

Airing anywhere right now? Well, I've only seen the first episode, but .hack//SIGN is shaping up nicely. Then again, I'm an RPG junkie, especially fond of those MMORPGs.

Of all time?

The Muppet Show is way up there. Excellent stuff.

Twin Peaks. Well, first season, it did rather unravel during second. First season was great, however.

Star Trek, TOS. There are some really awful ones as well (especially season three), but for what it was, an amazing show. Even B5 can't match their top episodes, like "Amok Time" and "City on the Edge of Forever".

Daria. Found it by accident, but first season is simply amazing. About the only dramedy style cartoon made in the US ever.

Anime? Whoo boy. Magic User's Club OVA, Serial Experiments: Lain, NieA_7, I could just go on and on.

Wraith
                      Theater is life. Cinema is art. Television is furniture.

Comment

Farscape
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

My favorites currently are:

"Enterprise"
                          "ER"
                          "The Guardian"
                          "Judging Amy"

I think that "ER" is about to get hosed. They're killing off Dr. Green. I'm not sure that I'll watch it if they try to make Dr. Carter the main character.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Fav. TV show of all time: Burns & Allen. I loved it when George went into his den above the garage, turned on the show, started watching it, got bored and turned over to cowboys and indians.

Fav. TV show on now: West Wing. It's a modern-day fantasy, where the Democrats control the White House and liberalism reigns in America.

Comment

Homicide: Life on the street
                              The Law & Order spin offs pale in comparison.

Also HBO has the best production value, although they've made a couple of duds. However,
                              Sex In the City
                              Six Feet Under
                              Were and are great

David Atinborough also makes wonderful TV.

Comment

There isnt a comedy on tv that I care for today. Almost all repulse me in fact.

Though theyre all predictable, I like Law and Order and The Practice. NYPD Blue is still pretty good and Third Watch is interesting. Don't watch much TV I guess.

Yes, baggins, Homicide was good. Perfect example that good shows do get cancelled.
                                I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                                Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Working...
                                X