Overqualified...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH
    I've been told I was too nice and then listened to complaints that there weren't enough nice guys around in the space of one drunken evening's ranting.
    First complaint was when you were sober, second complaint when you were filled to the brim and puking like Bush I.

Comment

Only in his butt hair to get the corn.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Roland,

Well, they do keep the bugs out. It's the early morning tsjirping that drives me crazy. Have to sleep with a big hairnet to keep them quiet.
        Well, lets just imagine my question is not hypothetical then...
        -
        My God, I'm thirty, I need a drink - english textbook spelling error

Comment

What do you do against the cats ?

"Have to sleep with a big hairnet to keep them quiet."

"Big hairnet".... what a cute nickname for Venom....

Comment

The 'hairnet' takes care of those.
            -

Comment

OKAY you guys need to lay off the fRO, sO WHAT IF HIS HAIR IS HUGE?? ANd he probably has little critters scampering freely about his cranium?? Who cares if he has to use a pitch fork to comb through it..I'm sure there is some strange type of woman out that would love to run her finger through your critter infested hair Drekkus!
              The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Thanks BW. You're a good person. I'll keep the faith.

I need an afro smilie. All those bald headed smilies are no good!
                -

Comment

I know these bald smilies are soo boring!!!
                  The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

the hippy one has hair

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland
                      First complaint was when you were sober, second complaint when you were filled to the brim and puking like Bush I.
                      I ended up sleeping with her IIRC. One of those drunken friends incidents.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

I am overqualified for my job, but then I am the Boss.
                        Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; March 18, 2002, 18:09.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Somehow, I'm having difficulty seeing words "Provost Harrison" and "Overqualified" so near to each other. If this thread would have been about him applying as village idiot, no, wait, a Welsh village idiot, then it would have been fine, but otherwise - it does not go!
                          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I've never been told that I was overqualified, only that I was underqualified.

I've been hearing that far too often lately. Dammit, I need a job, but everybody wants somebody with a Master's or better.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I've been told I'm overqualified for a job - but in that case I think they just didn't want me for the job. It can be a way to let you down gently.

I've also done lots of jobs for which I was hopelessly overqualified. It never worked out - you end up wondering all day what the hell you are doing there. The day goes very very slowly when you are bored out of your skull and watching the clock.

Whilst waiting to get inducted into my current fabulous career I took a job as a trainee manager at a supermarket. God, the horror of that job. The worst part was when inspiring tunes like "Anthem for Common Man" would come over in the muzac. There you are, stacking beans on the end of an aisle to the insane standards of the floor nazi and hearing "let's sing a song of joy for men shall each love other...."

The store manager's jaw hit the floor when I told him the job I was going to when I quit.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's

That's why Cambridge didn't accept me.
                                Hmmmm, that's funny, but if I recall correctly, which I am quite sure I do, you never even applied to Cambridge

Well this thread seems to have been threadjacked thoroughly by normally respectable posters and brought back to topic by Alexander's Horse. Wonders never cease to amaze me

Well I don't care that much, the job seemed fairly sh*tty and had a fairly sh*tty wage. All jobs are like that around Hull. That is why I intend to get out, and fast.
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X