Overqualified...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overqualified...

Interesting isn't it. Been rejected for one job because I was overqualified. It was only an ongoing agency job, but I could have walked it, even if I would find it slightly tedious. But hell, I need the money.

Have you ever been rejected from a job because you are overqualified?

I find it quite flattering, but still kind of annoying.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

I hear that much more than that I'm not qualified.
    A pisser? You're damn skippy it's a pisser.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's because you'd find it tedious and could walk away to a better job at any time that you are overqualified.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Overqualified means that they're sure you can do the job but they're not willing to pay you the money you're worth.
        Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

MikeH + LTEC = Reality
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I had girls tell me I was too good for them (wasn't me, twas them!), does that count?
            Well, lets just imagine my question is not hypothetical then...
            -
            My God, I'm thirty, I need a drink - english textbook spelling error

Comment

Did your sarcasm meter explode when they told you that?
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Yes, it's been broken since. So watch it with the jokes, I might start using CAPS LOCK IN AN UGLY WAY!!
                -

Comment

Originally posted by Drekkus
                  I had girls tell me I was too good for them (wasn't me, twas them!), does that count?
                  That usually means your too nerdy/boring.

Comment

Yeah I have been told I was over qualified, and the reason they don't hire over qualified people is
                    1 because they know you won't stay because you are capable of so much more and
                    2 you will eventually want a raise which they probably can't afford, so they want to bring someone in at entry level so they can pay them entry wages!! It is annoyong especially when in need of a job.
                    The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Reallllly??? I DID not know that.

But thanks for pointing out my shortcomings.

please refrain from other 'short' jokes, my ego's hurt enough as it is.
                      -

Comment

I've been told I was too nice and then listened to complaints that there weren't enough nice guys around in the space of one drunken evening's ranting.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by LTEC!

That usually means your too nerdy/boring.

Awww that's just mean!! but it is true in some cases, maybe not yours Drekkus
                          The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Shortcomings??

Although girls like the dangerously handsome party type for dating, they will usually go for NORMAL guys for serious relationships. The process to figure it out though takes a few years and some women don't figure it out at all. (See Jerry Springer).

So when girls tell you that you're too good for them, it usually means that they're not ready to go out with a normal nice guy yet.
                            Stay good. It works...eventually.

Comment

I think in his case it's probably down to the afro.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X