Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrFun, someone else chose to label me a bigot. If that was what they wanted to call it, then I would not argue the point. But yes, I think DISLIKE and HATE are two very very different things, and ARE NOT INTERCHANGABLE WHATSOEVER, dispite several attempts at this. I do not hate gays. I do not fear them. I merely dislike them, and would prefer not to be around them. They kind of gross me out
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• Kaak's Initial Post for This Thread:

"I do not like homosexuals.

This said, I would like you all to know that I have come to terms with my bigotry. I do not dislike people based on race, creed, or cultural background. I am not a racist.

I do not like homosexuals.

I do not drink. I do not smoke. I have never been drunk, I have never used any tobacco product, I have never used any drugs.

So, overall, I have come to terms with my bigotry. It may be a flaw. If it is a flaw, I am okay with that. I think I am fairly open minded, and generally a good person. I may have A flaw. I am okay with that.

In my opinion, it is wrong. It is unnatural, and immoral. This is my opinion. You are welcome to yours, I am welcome to mine. AND, in my opinion, homosexuals are utterly disgusting.

So, to all of the homosexuals out there, I understand if you don't like me. I'm okay with that too. But don't worry! You aren't alone. I don't like VERY FAT people either."

Note the part where Kaak said, "So, overall, I have come to terms with my bigotry."

Do not say other people have labeled you a bigot, Kaak --- you declared yourself one.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• MrFun: I think we would have to more adequately define bigot.

If someone chooses to label me a bigot because I dislike homos because they are homos, then yes it is possible to be a bigot without hate.

If someone requires hate or fear for bigotry, then I am not a bigot, and therefore not qualified to answer
        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• KAAK: you either are a christian or you arn't. you cannot choose a middle road. If you take your baptism seriously, you need to live up to it. I didn't miss your point at all....i just used your Law against you...a Law you must abide if you claim to be christian at all...
          but it seems to me as though you fall into a more nihilistic pattern.
          "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaak
            As far as the groups you listed, only one has a defining characteristic that is an act. There is nothing that a person does that makes him black. There is nothing a person does that makes him retarded. This is something a person does that makes them gay. To group them all together is a blatant over-generalization.
            That is totally not true. You don't have to do anything to be gay. Either you are gay or you aren't, just like either you're black or you aren't. According to current scientific belief, homosexuality is in the genetic makeup. Which means it is not a preferance, it is an orientation. You don't like these people, when you don't realize that that's just what they are, people. I know you're not going Albert Speer on us, but they shouldn't be hated any more than any other person who is different.

I made this thread for a few reasons. One, it was self analysis. I did some thinking, and realized how i felt, and my own inward reactions to it. secondly, I thought it would create an interesting response, which i believe it has. Some people are very angry about the post, and have made illogical, irrational arguments to "show what a fool I am." Kind of funny.
            In my opinion, which it is, you are a fool, as is anyone who dislikes another person because of who they are. Personality is one thing. Person is another.

I really do not believe that anyone is perfect. Some people hide there imperfections, and hope that no one will ever notice
            Why should someone hide them for their life? Because another person is arrogantly against that?

I am not one of those people. I have posted mine here for everyone to see. So chastize me as you will, could you do the same? Wait, i'm sorry. Sometimes i forget that i am the only imperfect one here.
            Sure, here we go: I'm fat. I am 6 foot 1 and 255 pounds. I used to get harrassed everyday because of this fact. What originally made me mad about your post is the last line. I'm able to deal with this fact, and have taken neccessary steps to correct it. For someone to not like be because of how I am pisses me off. It has part to do with girls not liking me "in that way" (which, thankfully, has changed, ). I don't get harrassed about it any more, simply because I have shown that I have confidance and I don't care that someone has a problem with how I look. I find anyone who dislikes fat people shallow and arrogant, which you have shown yourself to be.

Also, if you'll notice from the beginning, I never claimed to be right. I merely stated how i felt. I said then that it was bigotry. While this post may have been intended to illicit a response, it was not to gain acceptance for my opinions, or anything else. If i truly cared what the lot of you thought of me, I would not have posted what I did. I new the consensus of the forums on the matter before i posted, and I new it would draw a lot of fire.
            At least you knew what you were getting into. I'm not headstrong with much (well, maybe I am), but THIS is one thing that I will defend to the end.

Hope this cleared things up a little. Love you all
            Kaak
            Guess not.
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Originally posted by devilmunchkin
              KAAK: you either are a christian or you arn't. you cannot choose a middle road.
              Not sure I agree with that. I know quite a few Christians, and they have various degrees of faith in Christianity's tenets and whatever have you. Faith is a continuum, not a discrete value; there are varying degrees of faith, not just "faithful" and "unfaithful."
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by devilmunchkin
                KAAK: you either are a christian or you arn't. you cannot choose a middle road. If you take your baptism seriously, you need to live up to it. I didn't miss your point at all....i just used your Law against you...a Law you must abide if you claim to be christian at all...
                but it seems to me as though you fall into a more nihilistic pattern.
                I hate to defend Kaak, but you are 100% wrong. I claim to be a Christian, and I follow the word of God, but I believe more in the love of God for all than in the laws of the Torah.

The only "you are or you aren't" is athiest.
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• i've taken theology here...
                  the religion that Kaak adheres to espouses this. I know for a fact. Jesus himself says "love him with your whole heart" not half heart..not some part of his heart whenever he feels like it and isn't acting like a prejudiced ****.
                  live up to your baptism.
                  "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

• The thing about religion is everybody chooses to interpret it differently, mostly so they can hear what they want to hear.

Arguing about it is pointless, people's faith won't be tested by words from someone who doesn't know them online.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I like the way Kaak called himself a bigot in the initial post, then complained in other posts that other people have labeled him as a bigot.

Then, when I provided a definition of bigot, he says that he would be a bigot if the definition of bigot did not include hating someone.

Here is the definition.

bigot: an obstinate and intolerant believer in religion, political theory, etc.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I was baptized Catholic. Thanks, but no.

Just because your lack is wholly doesn't mean our faith isn't. I believe in what I belive fully, with my whole heart. Martin Luther did as well. As did Brigham Young. So should I found my own religion?

I've taken Astronomy. That doesn't make me a rocket scientist.

Comment

• What? No one liked my French Joke? I was just trying to lighten the mood.

Devilmunchkin
                          I must have woke up (more) stupid today. Are you bashing Christians, or just Kaak? I'd like to think I'm a Good Christian, and I certainly don't hold anything against Homosexuals in general.

However over,
                          The "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence" can burn in Hell for all I care.

I lived in San Francisco 4 or so years ago when they rose to prominence. As such, my respect for the "Gay Rights" movement has dropped like a rock since then. Any "Gay/Lesbian/Trans Rights Group" that has street fairs, dressed as nuns, in front of the Archdiocse of San Francisco on Easter, is bull**** in my opinion.

What's even more damning is I've yet to see any other prominant Gay Group come out and say "Uhm...maybe this is just a little wrong?"

EDIT: A link that elaborates on the event I mentioned."Street Fair"
                          Last edited by Lonestar; February 24, 2002, 22:25.
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• MrFun: Semantic arguments are foolish. If Kaak calls himself a bigot but doesn't hate (but instead dislikes) those whom he is bigoted against, then so be it.

Comment

• lonestar: no..just kaak.
                              i will agree that oftentimes the gay movement takes things to an extreme. BUT, you can't sit there and judge every gay person for it, just like i will not judge every christian. EVen if the majority of christians (not saying the do. hypothetical situation) would enslave those different, i still would judge on a singular basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar
                                I lived in San Francisco 4 or so years ago when they rose to prominence. As such, my respect for the "Gay Rights" movement has dropped like a rock since then.

Comment

Working...
                                X