Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nahuatl?

Originally posted by Wernazuma III

Nahuatl: Ahmo nicmati huel auh nicacicamati oc achi momoztlae.
    Do they teach nahuatl in germany, or did you go to Mexico? I must say I did not expect a nahuatl speaker!

[you must play the Aztec, no?]
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
      did i mention that that irish girl was awufully cute?
      Yes. Irish girls seem to have a tendency to be quite cute. The junior organ scholar at Emma is Irish and very cute - but taken. And to be honest, I think she could get quite nippy after a while. But yes, very cute.

Incidentally, you can take Gaelic exams in Scotland. If you take it as a foreign language they spell it Gaelic. If you take it as a native language, they spell it Gaidlaig.
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

• not only cute, not only cute. they have a meditarenean aspect. an hellenic aspect.

did we colonize Ireland in the past too?

they are hot, and passionate and uncompromising and fiery like hellenes.

if i was not with an italian girl i would have gone for her.

she looked like a europeam meditereaniean girl.

so passionate and cute at the same time. like an hellene girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
          did we colonize Ireland in the past too?
          There is an ancient legend in Ireland; it says that the first irish inhabitants came from northern Spain (Galicia). So the spanish guys should have priority with irish girls
          "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
          "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
          The Spanish Civilization Site
          "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

• Natan:

"Technically speaking, it's always written in hebrew characters..."

I thought some of the modern jiddisch literature used latin characters ?

"Yakh libe tzu redn yiddish, ober es iz nisht mein mame-loshn."

I love to hear it, but I can't speak it. Yet I understand about 80-90 % of it.

"kh'rede yiddish mit mein zede, er iz fun Lodz. Es iz a mikhaye far im tzu redn yiddish mit mir."

mikhaye = pleasure or problem ?

"oon er hot zain gefilte-fish mit tzuker oon nit mit kein pfefer gekokht."

I didn't know jiddisch also has the dreaded double negation. Does it have triple and quadruple negations too ?

And don't tell me you tried that "recipe"!

Comment

• I voted bilingual (Dutch+English), I also speak some German and Italian, not enough to count it in this poll though.

Comment

• Welcome the Welsh.

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Croeso y Gymru
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Ask Stew, he should be fluent by now
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Swedish, Hungarian, English fluently.

5 1/2 years of French left negligable traces- contrary to popular opinion I'm awful at languages.
                    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• Well your English is damn good for someone who is crap at languages. The only way to tell you are not English is the accent, the English itself is faultless, better than the majority of native speakers, and you can't really ask for more than that.
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Well I speak 3. Portuguese, English, and some not too bad Spanish. I learned French at school, but I forgot most of it, so I don't count it.
                        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

• German, Russian, English

Comment

• I do know a very small smattering of German, just one or two essential (or otherwise) phrases.

For example, I know "Ich bin gegen Ei allergisch" (assuming I got that right) - which is a vital phrase for me - and also "Ich habe drei Kaninchen", which is a pointless phrase for pretty much everyone.
                            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              Ask Stew, he should be fluent by now
                              I know what it meant but its a poor translation of - "Welcome the Wales" or "You cross the Wales", just curious as to what you "meant".
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelehc
                                Luxembourgish

Is that a language?
                                Ah, me jo. Letzebeurgish as a sprooch fir sicher.

It is a pig to write though. It's similar to the dialect that is spoken in the Alsace. A mixture between French and German is probably the best way to describe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X