No announcement yet.

People Are Sick Bastards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I now suspect that this 'accident' is b.s., too. Anybody want a bet this kid strung up his own dog?

C'mon. You know that's what happened.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• ahh thanks. now I have cancelled my travel plans to Canada. for the time being.

Comment

• And honestly, ALL of you - if this kid did string the dog up on purpose - what's to happen to him?

Even if he after felt genuine remorse and anguish for doing it on purpose - if all those tears and emotions you saw on the news were for real (but a hanging too late) - what would you do with him?

I'm not bullsh*tting, what's your response?

Comment

• I admit I don't read entire threads when they are this long. I don't have my entire life to waste at apolyton. oh wait, I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
            ahh thanks. now I have cancelled my travel plans to Canada. for the time being.
            Thank God.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I am still sickened if the kid killed the dog in this way. I'd like to see the cause of death. are there animal coroners?

If the kid is remoseful, maybe commnunity service and massive counseling would be in order. but the law isn't strict enough to force that. He would really just get a slap on the wrists.

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26
                I now suspect that this 'accident' is b.s., too. Anybody want a bet this kid strung up his own dog?

C'mon. You know that's what happened.
                My sarcasm meter is broken, but I nonetheless view your comments with possible agreement. You all know what it was like to be in grade 4 - can you honestly tell me you would be unable to untie a leash from a piece of playground equipment?

With 2 minutes to try? That's about as long as it takes to choke such a large mammal to death. I'm interested to see how this pans out - God only knows.

Comment

• I have to be consistent: If the kid actually feels no remorse, then I hope for Poetic Justice (see above).
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• If the dog was particularily big and its entire weight was on the rope then the boy might have been unable to lift the animal enough to free it. The animal may have been struggling and thrashing about and/or he just panicked.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zylka
                      And honestly, ALL of you - if this kid did string the dog up on purpose - what's to happen to him?

Even if he after felt genuine remorse and anguish for doing it on purpose - if all those tears and emotions you saw on the news were for real (but a hanging too late) - what would you do with him?

I'm not bullsh*tting, what's your response?
                      There's a significant difference between a much younger kid killing his own dog, (accidental or not) and a group of older kids doing the same thing as a way to terrorize a younger kid.

The kid should definitely be referred into a court mandated counseling program, do some form of extended community service, etc. - as much for the lying about it as for the act itself.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• These kids need some serious psychological help...
                        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                        -Bokonon

Comment

• Ramo, did you read the new news? The kid made the story up.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I suppose I should've read the entire thread before posting.
                            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                            -Bokonon

Comment

• Perhaps
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• hey I did the same thing. If we read every post in a 150+ post thread. We'd need glasses or something. Computer monitor resolution still has a long way to go to equal books.

Comment

Working...
                                X