Mornington Crescent - The Nisbet Strikes Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seneca
    You can't declare Mornington Crescent without at least 14 of them, and they also prevent your opponents from defructifying your teflips - very useful if you can get them.
    but I have declared and one against the computer without any and the last game the winner did not have 14

are you sure it is not just for certain stations?

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• That was just a beginners' tutorial - most new players don't bother with nisbets.
      yada

Comment

• And the computers internalize the nisbits .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• do I get one for Canonbury ??

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Check the rule book..

Let's see.... you did a minor Nibetian Hallow Bitual, so that would be 2.3 nisbits, but the counter was done by Harrison, so you lose 1/2345 of a nisbit.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Anyway, on with the show...

Fulham Broadway
              yada

Comment

• Canada Water

Well... why not?

Comment

• prepare for a northern strategy

making a edgeward move to Edgware

picking up 4 Nisbets

and preparing the Northbridge maneuver of 1929

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• First you let them boil in their own little schemes, and then you come in and collect the profit: Harrow-on-the-Hill.
                    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

• A Type II reversed nisbet-ploy through Borough should clinch me a few nisbets.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Amateur.

Maida Vale.

Right- that fixes me as interim secessionist. I name Seneca as Cleric of Chapel. Your ball Provost, and try not to make an arse of yourself.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny
                          Your ball Provost, and try not to make an arse of yourself.
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Now let me see.

Bugs is clearly trying a reverse triple-Hathawayan triangle around Maida Vale. Even a beginner (like me) can see that.

I am more concerned about Immortal Wombat's interest on Borough - He could be going for the Classabethian-Sundvall or even the feared trapezoidal affection -play - which would render all my attepts for a Scrutinizer move.
                            But remember IW, for posting without naming a move, you get a ten-second stop-and-go penalty. So no chances for Rickmansworth there.

So, I play Goldhawk Road. Have at you both!
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by kassiopeia
                              But remember IW, for posting without naming a move, you get a ten-second stop-and-go penalty. So no chances for Rickmansworth there.
                              Ah, but that would only be if a move at that juncture was allowed. As only one person had 'moved' between my two posts, my move would have been invalid. Therefore my post does not constitute a breach of rules, negating my S&G penalty, and enabling me, after many typos, to take Rickmansworth.

haha!

Comment

• HAHAA! I knew that! I wanted you to go to Rickmansworth!

Now, I can make a Crumpet Hammer - the move first implemented by the first and so far best Finnish MC player, Pekka Sairanen. Oh, how he prevailed over Swedish champion Sven Sundvall in the Scandinavian Mornington Crescent Games in 1965. Those were the days.

Note, I can do a move even with just one move by another player inbetween, because of the Heigelman rule #43, subclause A in the latest edition of the Heigelman rules from 1998, that clearly states that this kind of action is legal if it is used to execute a Crumpet Hammer (or an Ellipsoidical Kamikaze Flyer, by the way).

Now, Snaresbrook!
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X