No announcement yet.

Want to live forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFAIK they have only teleported a photon (a 'particle' of electromagnetic energy).

Teleportation is possible using 'quantum entaglement' which get's around the uncertainty priniciple.

Teleportation is still limited to light-speed and you would need to physically transport the portals around using more convential methods.

Even if you stopped ageing that would still mean life expecatancies of 'only' 500-700 years (you wouldn't stop accidents, murders and deaths from presently incurable infectious diseases).

BTW I could only vote for Shrodinger's cat if I lived in Copenhagen (sorry very bad joke I know).
    19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

due to my atheistic beliefs, one would think i'd want to live forever since i just cease to exist up death. but, contrary to this, i don't want to live forever or even much longer than my body is able to. I just have no desire to ...go on .
      "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Hey devil are you okay?

Having a bad day?
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

hey ted. not at all.
          I'm just being honest. Not depressed or whatever. But i really don't want to live forever. now is just fine.
          "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Yes... I would definately like to live forever. Although, I have a better question. Who here would like to be invisible???

I know I would. I just think it would be interesting. Think of all the people you could scare the **** out of.
            "Maybe there's a god above, and all I ever learned from love... was how to shoot at someone who out-drew you. It's not a cry you can hear at night. It's not somebody who's seen the light. It's a cold and It's a broken hallelujah." ~ Cohen

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
              hey ted. not at all.
              I'm just being honest. Not depressed or whatever. But i really don't want to live forever. now is just fine.
              My bad.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Teleportation is possible using 'quantum entaglement' which get's around the uncertainty priniciple.

One the Star Trek script writers was asked by some Physicist about the Heisenberg compensators (introduced in TTNG I believe). He asked "How does it work then?". The scriptwriters response. "Very well, thank you".
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  That you wouldn't want to live forever is a lie put forward by atheists who are frightened of their death in order to comfort themselves.
                  Damn you found us out.

*Sends some ninjas to bum KrazyKitty off*
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                    I recently read that
                    aging = cancer control

Jon Miller
                    Ya if I recall the only cells that continue to reproduce are cancer cells.

The cells are designed to die of after so many reproductions.

Possibly to prevent dna mutation that would cause them to be hazardous to the body. (oh wait that's cancer is it not?)
                    What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

You just teleport you body to the same state it was in the morning and that's solved

who cares about cancers cloning bah...

even if a car crashes you your wife can go load your age 21 birthaday super special dvd in the home suprecomputer of 25 th century and beam you up from the dead, you wouldn't even know what has happened (that versoion of you anyway) I guess that how to make the best suicide would become a major sport.

*damn it if you cat scratched the dvd*

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                      X