X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starchild

Zoomcopter?
    ZOOMCOPTER?!

There's a ****ing zoomcopter stand in the mall, outside the store where I work. The guys that run it are always there, day after day, always shouting out "zoomcopter, always come back" in an accent I can't place.
    I'll bet you a fiver it's Israeli.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22

try 0

your support for such a dictatorship appaules me.

you are this planet's disease.

Somehow I doubt that. If the rest of your country (or government at least) has the same amount of hatred you have, one would suspect it's the same cat and mouse game the US and Soviets played.
      "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

I must say, it saddens me that greeks and turks are enemies.

Israel is social to Turkey, being it's only friendly (and big and scary) neigbour. Also, they're far from being Fundamentalistic and infact outlawed an Islamic party just this year.

I'm awfully sorry that this hurts our relations with greece, which I imagine is partially why they keep liking the pals better. Also probably because they hate the US and we're their allies.

I do see that bad sides of turkey, but I think they can improve and will.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

We knew you're spying on us. As far as I know, the general assumption of the government is that all the communication systems are bugged.
          No way, Jose. first of all, you Israelis are DAMN good at counterintell, so we would be dedected, and your not so bad at encryption. Secondly, the Congressional "Israel Lobby" (i don't like that phrase) would leak the info on that in a second. Although assuming the com systems are bugged is a good way to go doing business, I think your enemies are in no way as good as intel and bugging as you are.

So I'd imagine either we know alot, (as you do too), or we workt cooperatively, sharing information (what I hope for) (even though spying on you is much cooler ).
          The Mossad is the worst sharer of info in the West. They just don't do it, not that I totally blame them. In a situation of virtually constant threats and warfare, sharing info makes the probability of leakage and damage take on exponential proportions. The only intel groups that activly share info is the USAUK alliance of all major English speaking nations (I.e. US, UK Aussies, NZ and Canada, even though some still speak Frenchie there, but nobodys perfect). The Mossad spies on the US, yes it's true. But its all part of the game. Heck, even the UK and Canada technically spy on us, not to mention help in Industrial Espionage.
          My point is...............uh..................something about spying..I think. Anyways, how about that local sports team?
          "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
            I must say, it saddens me that greeks and turks are enemies.

Israel is social to Turkey, being it's only friendly (and big and scary) neigbour. Also, they're far from being Fundamentalistic and infact outlawed an Islamic party just this year.

I'm awfully sorry that this hurts our relations with greece, which I imagine is partially why they keep liking the pals better. Also probably because they hate the US and we're their allies.

I do see that bad sides of turkey, but I think they can improve and will.
            I'm also sorry that Israel has to have that close relationship with Turkey (including a militay pact if I am not mistaken). But it is needs of survival that dictate policies and I'm sure the Israelis know that.

In the international chess board it all depends on what kind of relationship each has with Turkey. If US and Israel are allied to it then they are hostile to Greece. Simplistic and yet correct.

You are either with us or against us (reminds you of anyone? )

This also projects itself to ideology. If the main ideology of Turkey's biggest ally is free markets then by a spill-over effect that ideology also becomes disliked to Greece, especially when there was an alternative force (namely USSR).

Ii is an oxymoron but Greece and Israel can propably understand eachotehr much better than any other country (on the same ... block) since they are both faced with big and immideate threats to their existance. (be that imaginary or real).

Yet, they are on opposite "alliances" inside the same alliance

Comment

Funny, you think of Israel as being anti-Greece because it's pro-Turkey, I think of Greece as being pro-Arab because it's anti-Turkey (and therefore anti turkish ally Israel). But really, both being in NATO and you being in the EU, I doubt Turkey can threaten your existence in any way at all.

Comment

I sincerely hope you are right Natan. But Turkey has a habit of threatening war against Greece every time there is a difference of opinion or interests.

The last example of that is a couple of weeks ago when Ecevit said that if Cyprus enters the EU (it is scheduled for 2004) then Greece will regret it and it will cause unforseenable and unpleasant developments for Greece.

We have heard those threats so many times and about so many different subjects that on one hand we don't really pay attention to them anymore; but on the other hand no one guarantees us that some time Turkey will not back its threats with action.

And if that time comes, no one will help Greece. Not the EU (since it has no army yet and maybe it will never have) not the US (because Turkey is a far more valuable ally to it) and maybe not any one else.

A politician of Greece once said that we are an "Anadelphon Ethnos", that means a nation without "brothers", without allies.

I am afraid he was right. And havinga neighboor 6 times bigger than you who has it very easy to threaten you with war whenever differences accure tends to put one on high alert, especially when you have no "brothers"

Comment

You know what can be really great?

Israel&Turkey vs Greece. We'll beat the **** out of you.

And then Turkey will get Greece and we will get Cyprus.
                  Last edited by Eli; December 18, 2001, 03:21.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

That's the day I'm signing up in the Greek army.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                      Independence foreces only gained the upper hand in among the texas revolutionaires after all other forces of rebbelion other that texas had been defeated, at which point fighting for a federalist Mexico clearly apeared to be a loser and a irrelavancy, with independence to only vialble option left to fight for.
                      I thought you boys captured Santy Annie. Couldn't y'all have just shot him and restored the Mexican Republic? Course, that would have put the cabash on your plans to extend slavery, but still.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Santa Ana and his self saving agreements with his Texian captors was unceremoniously repudiated by the governement he had left in Mexico city, which remained centralist, they were quite happy to retain power for themselves.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

While we're on the subject of Israelis and terrorism, the leader of the Jewish Defense League was recently arrested and charged with planning to bomb a mosque. Come on guys, we're supposed to be friends. Can you imagine the stink that would have ensued if he had succeeded?
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            While we're on the subject of Israelis and terrorism, the leader of the Jewish Defense League was recently arrested and charged with planning to bomb a mosque. Come on guys, we're supposed to be friends. Can you imagine the stink that would have ensued if he had succeeded?
                            Um, the JDL is an American movement, and I don't think you can ask Israel to be responsible for the actions of all Jews regardless of citizenship - although Israel did ban the Israeli movement Kach, founded by the same guy as the JDL.

Paiktis: Yeah, but even in a war, Turkey doesn't plan to conquer and occupy all of greece. Maybe Cyprus and a few agean islands.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                              While we're on the subject of terrorism, look at Timothy McVeigh. How many people on this forum are white Americans? Would they be responsible if he succeeded? He's also (I assume) of Christian background. Is the Vatican committing an act of terrorsim here?
                              I refute it thus!
                              "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Working...
                              X