Traitor American Caught Fighting for Jello-Back Taliban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bend down, put your head between your knees, and kiss your ass goodbye

Frankly, this guy supported the scum of the earth. He goes to suppot the Taliban because he thought it was an ideal nation. He could've fled the country, like some other Taliban did. He didn't. Plus he was invovled in the revolt which killed a US CIA operative. Just shoot him for treason.

Comment

In fact IIRC although we don't actually have the death penalty anymore, I believe there is still a loophole in the treason law...!

Personally I think the British Muslims involved should be punished as severely as possible - I certainly don't want them back in the country, we could stick them on St. Helena like Napoleon as an example and then quietly forget about them!
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
        In fact IIRC although we don't actually have the death penalty anymore, I believe there is still a loophole in the treason law...!

Personally I think the British Muslims involved should be punished as severely as possible - I certainly don't want them back in the country, we could stick them on St. Helena like Napoleon as an example and then quietly forget about them!
        Feed them arsenic too?
        I refute it thus!
        "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Goingonit
          Feed them arsenic too?

Unfortunately I doubt we have any 200 year old supplies of paint knocking around...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Well, funny thing about that, many of your possesions (such as Grenada) have the DP, but the British high court has to handly those cases.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc

One doesn't have to surrender to leave the country.
              I don't think he had that option:
              When the U.S. bombardment began, he said he fled 100 miles on foot to Konduz, where he was one of more than 3,000 Taliban soldiers taken prisoner in the garrison.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

OK this is likely to piss people off- this is why I'm posting it

I don't believe this guy did anything wrong. First off, lets determine what this guy's original intent was. He was a muslim who wanted to see some action. So like fighter pilots who went to England and China before the U.S. officially entered world war 2, he went to a foreign country to kill people. He was fighting an enemy that was not the U.S. Then the U.S. enters the arena. Yet this guy still isn't fighting the U.S (not like he fired his A.K. into the air at jet planes); he was fighting the northern alliance. And the northern alliance is not an official ally of the U.S. I believe. So one could say this guy never actually faught the U.S. in any battle.

Set him free I say. Just another redneck who likes to kill people.

Comment

"In fact IIRC although we don't actually have the death penalty anymore, I believe there is still a loophole in the treason law...! "

Yeah...pretty sure hanging is still the penalty for treason.

Only problem is we don't actually have anymore hangmen left...the last one died around a decade ago.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                    All I'm saying is that his status as a citizen prevents him from being sent to the military tribunal, since they can be used only with non-citizens.
                    Incorrect, sir.

If the charge is treason - to the point of fighting against your own country in an armed conflict, a military tribunal is appropriate. This stopped being a civil matter when the shooting started. Maybe he didn't really have much chance to back out at that point, but it's a little late to think about that now. He accepted the risk when he first joined up.
                    "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                    -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

I don't think its a loophole as such. I think it was intentional to still retain the dp for treason.

The odder thing is, what is definied as treason in the UK? I believe that defacing the Queen's piccy on a banknote counts....

Comment

IIRC the US Congress never declared war against Afghanistan.

How could he be fighting his own country?

What kind of crime did Dubya commit attacking a country against which the US did not declare war?
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The man will die a traitors death, executed after a swift trial. I personally think he betrayed the US by supporting the terrorists themselves, and should die for that.
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                            IIRC the US Congress never declared war against Afghanistan.
                            This is not war but police action, rather. They call it to root out a government that needs to be rooted out.

What kind of crime did Dubya commit attacking a country against which the US did not declare war?
                            It is called Police Action, and he did not commit any crime.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

If it's fair, it can be as swift as lightning.

If they find that he was working to attack the government and that the various laws are applicable, let him die.

If not, let him free. He may have an absolutely repulsive opinion, but even idiots have rights.
                              the good reverend

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 18:28.
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X