No announcement yet.

The Movie Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then again, "The Wall" sold more than both (in the US).

:sigh:

Perhaps you should ask the next question Emp. Fab.

Comment

Ha, I knew it was...

Here's my clue:

"When I was going up the stairs
      I met a man who wasn't there
      He wasn't there again today
      I wish, I wish he'd go away"

GUESS!
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Anything? Nothing? Anyone?
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

"The Olsen Twins Meet Ron Jeremy"
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I know...

... but only because I looked it up.

Comment

Likewise.

Wanted to see that, but never got around to it.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

OK i Googled it too. I did see the movie - because i like the lead - and kinda liked it.
                What?

Comment

I did not Google it, but I believe that movie is Identity. If it's not, I'll say Memento, but I'm pretty sure it's Identity.... which wasn't as good as I'd been led to believe, sadly. There wasn't really a consistent internal reality in what they set up, which rendered any fun guessing the plot ahead of time hopelessly vague.
                  All syllogisms have three parts.
                  Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Okay, I have Googled it now, and I see that I'm right. Mind if I just go on to the next question?

This movie can be rather painful to watch for those of us who value our noses.

Comment

Polyester? Filmed in glorious odorama!
                      "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                      —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

I hadn't the faintest clue what you were talking about until I looked it up on the IMDb. Perhaps I need to offer a bit more. This movie also features a woman getting slapped. (And yes, I'm "keeping it to the classics" as an extra half a hint, so this is not some bizarre Grade Z movie you never heard of).

Comment

Chinatown
                          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Comment

I think MP has gotten it. I can think of no other that would fit.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Try this one.

[Evelle picks up a pack of balloons]
                              "Do these blow into funny shapes and all?"
                              "Well, no, unless round is funny."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                                Hueij gets it!

Molly, Annie Hall isn't black and white... it's your TV.
                                Hmmm... was thinking of 'Manhattan', but wrote Annie Hall'.

It's an easy mistake if you've never been able to sit through a whole Woody Allen 'comedy'.

The film of his that I found the funniest was 'Interiors'.
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X