X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRT144
    why do you hate democrazy che!
    Look at the results it got us.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Saddam was also elected!
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Multi-party elections??

Note that the election was replete with corruption, and abysmal turnout due to the fact that, you know, a dictator, not Parliament, is ultimately running the country.
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
          Mussssshhhhharrrrrraffff (can never remember how many consonants of each kind to put) seized power in a military coup, deposing a democratically elected president. He's held a referendum on the issue since then in which he supposedly won 98% support. Your call. Dictatorship or democracy?
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You know you people make is sound like the previous government was great and Musharaff should be reviled. I guess aside from the fact that the previous government was turning to appease the Islamofundy factions, that may have some merit .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              You know you people make is sound like the previous government was great and Musharaff should be reviled. I guess aside from the fact that the previous government was turning to appease the Islamofundy factions, that may have some merit .
              Really? What I heard what was Bush said Pakistan was a democracy when, in reality, it wasn't.

Sorry, but 0/10
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Imran

How about they were democratically elected by the people of Pakistan.

You know, if the current US administration was deposed by the military then I'd have a problem with that. Doesn't mean I think that Bush is a good president.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Mussharraf is a ****ing dictator. Pure and simple. He seized power through means other than the ballot box. He is not the legitimate representative of the Pakistani people.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Being of Pakistani background, I see it in a different way. I recall when it happened and just about no Pakistani I knew said it was a bad thing (I don't remember any Pakistani saying it was bad). In fact there was cheering in the streets.

I have no doubt that he is much more legitimate represenative than the 'democratically' elected corruptocracy they had before.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Being of Pakistani background, I see it in a different way.
                      Of course you do.

I recall when it happened and just about no Pakistani I knew said it was a bad thing (I don't remember any Pakistani saying it was bad). In fact there was cheering in the streets.

I have no doubt that he is much more legitimate represenative than the 'democratically' elected corruptocracy they had before.
                      Well, then if he allowed free and democratic elections he would easily win, right?

Comment

Well, then if he allowed free and democratic elections he would easily win, right?

Or the fundamentalist Al Queda backers... do you want to take the chance?

Comment

Well, if we assume your previous post to be true, then we can reasonably assume Musharaff will win

Comment

democracy cares not for the results. only in that it is executed.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Pakistan is definitely a democery.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Well, if we assume your previous post to be true, then we can reasonably assume Musharaff will win

The Islamists are different from the corruptocracy that ruled Pakistan. The government was moving towards them, but since the Iraq War, the Islamists have gotten more support.

Comment

Working...
                                X