Bush: Pakistan is a Democracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush: Pakistan is a Democracy

PRESIDENT BUSH: I think the long-term vision is one that is a relationship which is very mature in this sense: that there is a commercial relationship which is fair and balanced, mutually beneficial to both people; a defense relationship which is one in which there is close collaboration and complementary efforts based upon the true threats of the 21st century. And thirdly, there's a relationship in which I can call upon my friend to help deal with international issues, such as the development of a Palestinian state, one in which the aspirations of the Palestinian people are met and listened to, because democracy has taken hold.

One of the interesting lessons that the world can look at is Pakistan. You see, there are some in the world who do not believe that a Muslim society can self-govern. Some believe that the only solution for government in parts of the world is for there to be tyranny or despotism. I don't believe that. The Pakistan people have proven that those cynics are wrong. And where President Musharraf can help in world peace is to help remind people what is possible. And the solution in the Middle East is for there to be a world effort to help the Palestinians develop a state that is truly free -- one that's got an independent judiciary, one that's got a civil society, one that's got the capacity to fight off the terrorists, one that allows for dissent, one in which people can vote. And President Musharraf can play a big role in helping achieve that objective.

The latest news and information from the Biden-Harris administration.

And yes, 60 million Americans voted for this man.
    Last edited by Ramo; December 6, 2004, 17:11.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Bush knows theory of aproximations well. If declared (defined) so it is so. Pakistani constitution says define Pakistan.getSocialState=Democracy. It is so. Did you study exact sciences?
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Is someone actually defending this, or am I seeing things?

I guess Stalin ran a free, democratic society (as you can tell from the Soviet constitution).
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

I can't believe people voted for this moron.

Comment

"The Pakistan people have proven that"

I agree, must be an idiot. Shouldn't this be The people of Pakistan or Pakistani? Isn't this like saying The Sweden people? Dudn't make sense..
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Did he actually try and use Pakistan as an example of what we want in the ME?

Are we sure he gave up that coke habit?

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Are we sure he gave up that coke habit?
              He's drunk...

Comment

I read news report after news report about Bush and I can't believe what I read and hear.

If we are going to support our "friend" Musharraf, fine. If he can help us form a Palestine democracy (yeah, right), fine. But do you have to say that Pakistan is a democracy?

Doesn't the whole world know that Musharraf seized power from an elected Pakistan government? Isn't the whole world aware that Musharraf very carefully controlled the process of the latest referendum, a year or two ago, that allows him to legally stay in power? Hasn't he broken his own promise about transferring government control from military (him) to an elected government?

unbelievable.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

The best part of this whole thing is how Musharraf is supposed to be some sort of spokesman as to why Muslim societies don't need dictators. Irony, thy name is Shrub.
                  Last edited by Ramo; December 6, 2004, 17:50.
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Idiocy, not irony.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

THIS JUST IN

DinoDoc's legendary 'Gives A F---' found hooded and bound with electrical wire in a remote Pakistani jail!

Mr "Doc" denies any connection to the Musharraf regime, citing 'US national security concerns'.

EDITED FOR SILLINESS
                          Last edited by Seeker; December 6, 2004, 18:27.
                          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

It's DinoD's famous 'Gives A F---' , NOT DanS's.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yeah, that'd be DD's gives a ****.

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                              X