UK! What pops into your head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK! What pops into your head?

Well we did this with the US and now we're doing it with the one and only UK. What comes to your mind? I really like UK, it's one of my most favourite places in the world and all that is UK.

Funny accent.

Fish and chips!! Mummm... beer. Lots of beer.

Bad teeth and even worse food.

Big Ben .. Westminster.. all kinds of nice buildings and London. Red doubledecker buses..

Before WWII, GLOOORYYYYY. Post war industrial UK -> Hmmmm.. ok I think we can still work something.

Weird houses and workers part of cities.

Extacy and raves It comes from here people!

The Prodigy.

Polite people. Lot of rain but they cope with it surprisingly well, meaning they are not mass suiciding each other. Weird.

Football. Hoolies. Raving. Rock music. Trends. Pound and the Queen. Soldiers with funny hats.

London Bobby Friendly cops. Friendly military, they take you prisoner and give you cup of tea and the latest rumours on the football scene and call you mate. Only after then they will beat you, but they will apologize later on. They call you a nice lad, and they would be buddies with you unless the war.. then they beat you again.

Great nightlife, though little on the expensive side.

Funny, comedy, find the gems 80% is still ****e .
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Ugly buildings, ugly people, uglier food.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Football
      drizzle
      tea
      Inspector Morse
      the industrial revolution
      CSPA

Comment

Have tried to walk freely in london - found an interesting building - found out it was some kind of waterdelverece gadget - fortunately there was a pub at the end of the road
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The Prodigy.
          the real Prodigy is from Queens, NYC. MOBB DEEP!
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Union Jack
              London (Big Ben, Tower, Soho, British Museum, etc)
              Greatest sport on earth: Snooker!
              Pubs
              Great comedy shows (Monty Python, Red Dwarf, Blackadder, etc, etc, far too many to mention)
              Almost getting caught up in an IRA bombing a few years ago
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

i think different things pop into peoples' heads depending on if you say England, Britain, or United Kingdom.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

A lot of people don't even know the difference (here on Apolyton they do, but 'out there')...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                    i think different things pop into peoples' heads depending on if you say England, Britain, or United Kingdom.
                    My guess is that most people outside thinks that those are equal. I know that there are a difference but i also know a lot of people that don't care.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The soldiers with funny hats.
                      The Big Ben.
                      Rain.
                      Weird Monarchy.
                      Tea.
                      Industrial Revolution.
                      WWII.
                      That´s all I think
                      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror
                        The soldiers with funny hats.
                        The Big Ben.
                        Rain.
                        Weird Monarchy.
                        Tea.
                        Industrial Revolution.
                        WWII.
                        That´s all I think
                        Watch out !!! Our royal guards also wear what you call "funny hats" - i don't know who stole it from who.

Rain, of course it rains

You jester about monarchy, well we have one also (older than the british ) and looking at how presidents around the world do stupid things, i'm relived that we have a queen.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                          My guess is that most people outside thinks that those are equal. I know that there are a difference but i also know a lot of people that don't care.
                          Many here don't care either. On various official forms I'm English, British or a UK citizen.
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Princess Di
                            Big Ben
                            Kleptoparasitic nobles
                            Soccer Hooligans
                            Guards with black fuzzy hats
                            Magna Carta
                            Manchester United
                            Archbishop of Canterbury
                            Industrial Revulution
                            Liberalism
                            Tea
                            Cloudy weather all the time
                            Only democratic country besides Israel without a constitution

Comment

Hey Drogue, haven't seen you around for awhile.

As for the OP:
                              The London Tower
                              Guards with funny hats
                              Isambard Kingdom Brunel
                              Fog
                              Victoria England
                              Civil wars
                              The Stonehenge
                              Druids
                              Monty Python
                              The Beatles
                              Pink Floyd
                              The Who
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X