No announcement yet.

Most Overated Singer Or Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radiohead is way too dark for me. dark is good, but not THAT dark.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
      Righteo, theres no saving some then eh Bustamike :P

Yeah good sir tinyp3nis Radiohead is definitely on the overrated side.

Hey Dissident could you please explain to me the attraction in Metallica?
      If you don't like metal, I don't expect you to like Metallica. They have no popular appeal. I don't expect people to like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
        radiohead is way too dark for me. dark is good, but not THAT dark.
        dark is great . I just wish they didn't sound gay being dark.

wimpy British music

Comment

i think pink floyd definitly got the shaft in this list.

they included the obvious which arnt actually that great (wish you were here) and left out the songs like 'shine on you crazy diamond' which had way more influence.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

And is a good song in its own right. Is comfortably numb in there? thats also an excellent song.

Dissident; I like metal, I listen to Korn on a frequent basis and I like other metal bands as well such as Sepultura. Gun's and Roses are vastly superior to Metallica too, for some reason I compare the two.

Comment

And dark isn't always great. Every now and again I'd like to feel happy and have the music reflect this.

Comment

yes, comfortably numb IS included (a great inclusion by the way, most people dont thin of CN when they think of PF)

Comment

No they don't but that is by far their best song, its a beautiful song.

Comment

The thing about Pink Floyd is, their albums are greater than the sum of their parts; "Animals," "Wish You Were Here," "Dark Side of the Moon," "Atom Heart Mother," and "Ummagumma" are all better as a whole than any individual song on any individual album. So they're not really well-served by a greatest-song list.
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

NIRVANA
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                        NIRVANA
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Aerosmith
                          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                            Strange as it sounds I like Nine Inch Nails have several cd's.
                            ummm if you look in your pretty hate machine booklet, it says in bold letters: trent reznor is nine inch nails. kinda funny to say you don't like trent, but you dig his music. seriously. the man records nintey-eight percent of his own music.
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

and i'm going to have to vote for U2.
                              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                                The thing about Pink Floyd is, their albums are greater than the sum of their parts; "Animals," "Wish You Were Here," "Dark Side of the Moon," "Atom Heart Mother," and "Ummagumma" are all better as a whole than any individual song on any individual album. So they're not really well-served by a greatest-song list.
                                Excellent point. I like old / middle Pink Floyd albums. I got tired of them after The Wall stayed on the radio for 5 years too long. I'm not sure if they are overrated these days, but IMO they were overrated for a while. But I like them nonetheless.
                                He's got the Midas touch.
                                But he touched it too much!
                                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                                X