No announcement yet.

Chirac's winning ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus Christ. Now advocating abstinence makes you a fundy? I have no use for such a standard.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Teaching kid that having sex before marriage is wrong is just a stupid discredited Victorian ideal, it sure sucks.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

isn't Chirac the leader of France's mainstream (as opposed to National Front) conservative party?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

We helped them in the Falklands?
          Sure as heck did. The British supply system couldn't keep up with the demands so the US not only flew all of the supplies for them but Reagan arranged for interest free loans to finance the equipment plus offered to give the British one American aircraft carrier under the old lend lease act.

Reagan also publically said he believed the UK had been attacked and under the NATO treaty it would be the UK's right to call for collective defense. Thatcher declined and instead asked Reagan to help her get her men the warmaterial and supplies they needed plus help finance the British war effort.

No direct US troops were involved in fighting but that was mostly because Maggie wanted to prove old John Bull could still stand on his own.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

And it's also dangerous. Teenagers will **** anyway, so it's better for public health to show them how to use a condom, teach them the importance of the pill, etc.

Comment

AS: He is. But mainstream conservatives in France aren't quite like the mainstream conservatives in the rest of Europe and bear little resemblance to US mainstream conservatives.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                isn't Chirac the leader of France's mainstream (as opposed to National Front) conservative party?
                Yes.

Comment

Teaching kid that having sex before marriage is wrong is just a stupid discredited Victorian ideal, it sure sucks.
                  i have the feeling that in a few decades, even you Europeans will look back at your current decadence and be shocked by it, just as the Victorians were appalled at the decadence of Versailles. You'll praise the advancing progress of civilization for ridding Europe of such decadence.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Speer, I think it's ok to present opposing views on sexuality, but it's really a personal choice, education should be the norm, not propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                      You could be surprised. More often than not America is the hindrance to genuine free trade, not its partners. It's because they usually can force one-way trade overture at the detriment of others.
                      Other then agriculture can you name an example? I know the anti-dumping laws piss alot of trade partners off and there is room for abuse but by and large they make free trade more likely by preventing mass unrest with the effects of free trade.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Which religious groups are considered normal in Finland? Any? I would really like to know.
                        Well mainly these: Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity(evangelic-lutheran, orthodox and catholic. The lutheran church is totally different fromits american cosin.), Atheism.

Weird religions include: New Age, Wiccan, Satanism, Mormons, Jehovas Wittnesses, Pentecostal church, The Körts and the Lestadians.

Last edited by laurentius; November 16, 2004, 00:51.
                        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer

i have the feeling that in a few decades, even you Europeans will look back at your current decadence and be shocked by it, just as the Victorians were appalled at the decadence of Versailles. You'll praise the advancing progress of civilization for ridding Europe of such decadence.
                          They don't have widespread problems with things like teenage pregnancy the way we do.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Speer, I think it's ok to present opposing views on sexuality, but it's really a personal choice, education should be the norm, not propaganda.
                            what's the difference? I see the alternatives to stressing abstinence (giving out condoms) as a form of propaganda... a much stronger form that indoctrinates children into believing that sex is good; hell, they even give out condoms for us to have sex!

for us in the land of the free, teaching kids about condoms serves a contingency purpose. we want our kids to be abstinent firstly.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Other then agriculture can you name an example? I know the anti-dumping laws piss alot of trade partners off and there is room for abuse but by and large they make free trade more likely by preventing mass unrest with the effects of free trade.
                              Recently, there have been the cases of Canadian lumber and beef.

Re unrest, you could have an ironic point, you mean that they don't want to press issues too much to avoid stirring up opposition?

Comment

They don't have widespread problems with things like teenage pregnancy the way we do.
                                they get abortions... here in america, most americans have some qualms with aborting their baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X