X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sprayber

the one set of numbers few people really want to talk about
    Yeah, when all is said and done Bush is likely to be up about 3 million votes.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

Yeah, when all is said and done Bush is likely to be up about 3 million votes.
      More likely 4 million. Time to get rid of your archaic electoral system, methinks.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Keep an eye on Wisconsin. The gap is 19,000 in Kerry's favor with a quarter million ballots left to count.

If it switches to Bush, Ohio may become a non-issue.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Does it bother anyone that Bush didn't appeal to moderates but instead to his more right-wing base?

At least if things are relatively centered than everyone is more content, relatively.

I sort of feel this is going to lead to relative tyranny by a slim majority (if that--given voter misunderstandings).

-Drachasor
          "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

• 140K for Bush in Ohio now. 30K for Bush in NM. Does Kerry have any class?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk
              Keep an eye on Wisconsin. The gap is 19,000 in Kerry's favor with a quarter million ballots left to count.

If it switches to Bush, Ohio may become a non-issue.
              Exactly.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Drachasor

They'd have a little more meaning if studies didn't show that Bush supporters didn't have their facts straight on Iraq, Al Qaeda, and other issues. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with the election if by and large people had understood the issues, but this simply isn't the case.

Jefferson was right, lack of education is the largest problem a democracy faces.

You blamed everyone except the man running. It can't be him that is wrong, it has to be all those ignorant backwards people that voted for Bush.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                  why isnt fox news calling NM for Bush, he has a 30,000 vote lead with 99% counted? they are scared to declare bush a winner
                  There are a huge number of absentee and early votes which may not have been tabulated in New Mexico, IIRC something like 40% of the total.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• the latimes has called both NV and NM. on another note, the libertarian party crashed out of this one, recieving less than 1% of the vote in everystate.
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                      why isnt fox news calling NM for Bush, he has a 30,000 vote lead with 99% counted? they are scared to declare bush a winner
                      The short anwser is... Yes.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprayber

You blamed everyone except the man running. It can't be him that is wrong, it has to be all those ignorant backwards people that voted for Bush.
                        You might be able to dismiss it as a baseless attack if there wasnt proof that Bush voters tend to be ignorant
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                        X