No announcement yet.

A Former REPUBLICAN Senator for Kerry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then I guess I'm thinking of some other Democratic candidate (other than the one that spoke at the Republican convention).
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

This is an excellent thread with many great points. I also am a traditional republican voter who will be casting a vote for Kerry.

Regarding the tarriffs that Bush initiated. He targetted industries in key swing states from the 2000 election as a political tool to improve his standing there. I believe Harley Davidson, located in Wisconsin, was one of the beneficiaries as well as the steel producing areas of Ohio and Penn. There were a few other key industries in other states that I can't recall at the moment. The EU had a problem with those tarriffs and threatened to put up equal trade barriers to the Bush ordered ones until the WTO stepped in.

Bottom line, it was a transparent political ploy to get votes from key states. Bush is not a "free trade" president at all. He does not uphold the traditional republican values.
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

If you think there is no choice between Bush and Kerry then you must be blind.
        With a few minor differences, foreign policy will stay the same... universal healthcare will never become a reality... trade policies are still going to be neoliberal...

In all truth, despite administration changes, post-WW2 American policies have been surprisingly consistent.
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Comment

Oncle Boris really has lost it, hasn't he?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              If you think there is no choice between Bush and Kerry then you must be blind.

What if I am not happy picking between fuchsia and chartreuse?
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Imran
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

unless you can establish that it's even worse.
                  Very true.

Now why isn't anyone talking about Kerry in this thread. If you are voting for the man, this should be a lovefest.

Instead, we have a contest of who hates Bush the most.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Now why isn't anyone talking about Kerry in this thread. If you are voting for the man, this should be a lovefest.

Not at all. We hate him. We just hate him less than Bush.

Comment

And that's why someone said it's not much of a democracy.

Personally I partially agree with that statement. You have this entire thread dedicated to trashing Bush. Imran's quote targeted his character four years ago ("He talked bad about cripples!") and all of Bush's mistakes. But no one here can stand up and say, John Kerry would be better, he has a better vision. He voted for the war and then backs down when Dean leads in the primaries. His running mate makes out with Christopher Reeve's widow. And he certainly has no grand vision of what the hell do to with America's foreign policy. Assemble a coalition (Gulf War I, which he voted against), abide by the UN (Oil-For-Food, Gulf War I), track down Osama bin Ladin (apparently he is global terrorism), and maintain Bush's plan for Iraq. What a candidate.

What you want to do is punish Bush for something virtually everyone - including Kerry - thought was a reasonable thing to do. You want to punish him and send a message to terrorist and rogue nations - sanctions and resolutions can be broken, your own people can be murdered with WMD's, you can just forget about telling us where they are, you can be a radical fundamentalist nation state with murderous feelings for America. In fact, Saddam said the US government deserved what happened on 9/11.

A vote for Kerry would be an effeminate way to express your hindsight and pseudo-intellect, when in fact all your hindsight has shown is that Saddam violated international law after international law in losing weapons he so clearly possessed when he slaughtered his fellow Iraqis. All your hindsight shows is that, even in the post 9/11 world, we give the terrorists the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by Wiglaf; October 22, 2004, 21:47.

Comment

Personally I partially agree with that statement. You have this entire thread dedicated to trashing Bush. Imran's quote targeted his character four years ago ("He talked bad about cripples!") and all of Bush's mistakes. But no one here can stand up and say, John Kerry would be better, he has a better vision. He voted for the war and then backs down when Dean leads in the primaries. His running mate makes out with Christopher Reeve's widow. And he certainly has no grand vision of what the hell do to with America's foreign policy. Assemble a coalition (Gulf War I), abide by the UN (Oil-For-Food, Gulf War I), track down Osama bin Ladin (apparently he is global terrorism), and maintain Bush's plan for Iraq. What a candidate.

The difference is, I'm scared of Bush's vision.

What you want to do is punish Bush for something virtually everyone - including Kerry - thought was a reasonable thing to do. You want to punish him and send a message to terrorist and rogue nations - sanctions and resolutions can be broken, your own people can be murdered with WMD's, you can just forget about telling us where they are, you can be a radical fundamentalist nation state with murderous feelings for America. In fact, Saddam said the US government deserved what happened on 9/11.

We aren't trying to punish Bush. We're just trying to get him out of office, because we think he's been a disaster and we don't want it to continue.

Comment

You think he's been a disaster for doing something everyone thought was logical. And you ignore the reality that a radical Islamic state with a laundry list of crimes against humanity and the UN poses one of the greatest terrorist threats against Israel, its own people, and ultimately perhaps even us, in the Middle East.

Why exactly would you fear Bush?

Comment

Even if going into Iraq was the right thing, he ****ed it up. And he's going to keep reaching.

Comment

What did he do wrong? The invasion went perfectly. Losing 1,000 troops in all, largely due to the insurgency, is of course a significant casualty toll. But to suggest that a war is not worth fighting if it requires less than 2% of the casualties of Vietnam is again that pre-9/11 mindset you consistently revert back to.

I suppose a Kerry presidency would have incurred no losses and then decided the war was wrong and backed out with no loss of life or property.

Wake up.

Comment

Because Kerry is a douchebag but we're voting for him anyway! I don't think hardly anyone really likes Kerry.
                                늑대닷컴 최신 업데이트  늑대닷컴은 대한민국 대표 불법 웹툰 공유 사이트입니다. 5일 간격으로 운영자가 웹사이트 주소를 변경하며 모든 웹툰 콘텐츠는 타 불법사이트에서 수급해옵니다.  늑대닷컴의 원조 주소는 wfwf이며 사이트 브랜드를 위해 뒤에 숫자를 바꿔서 서비스 하고 있습니다. 늑대닷컴 대체 사이트 늑대닷컴에 접속이 안될 경우 무료로 웹툰을 보실 수 있는 대체 웹사이트는 다음과 같습니다. 툰코 펀비 북토끼 뉴토끼 […]
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X