Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pax

Ned,
    Communism does not equal oppression. Your brand of democracy does not equal freedom. I am convinced that you really don't give a **** about democracy. So why are you so hard on Communism. The communist governments of the past seem to fit closer to your true ideology.
    PAX, if you equate totalitarianism with freedom, and economic equality with lack of oppression, then communism is the only form of government that is free and in which there is no oppression.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

PAX, if you equate totalitarianism with freedom, and economic equality with lack of oppression, then communism is the only form of government that is free and in which there is no oppression.
      I do not equate communism with totalitarianism or oppression. I also only equate democracy with every citizen having the opportunity to vote. That vote could be used for evil just as a communist system could be used for evil. I'm willing to bet that democracy has oppressed and killed more people than communism has even had the opportunity to. Whole cultures and races have been virtually wiped out under democratic countries. It's not the system that make it bad it's the people. You scare me no matter what you claim your preferred political system to be.
      What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
      What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

I'm willing to bet that democracy has oppressed and killed more people than communism has even had the opportunity to.
        I wouldn't take that bet, unless you include the effects that actual "democracies" have had upon the rest of the world, such as in Africa, despite Africa being realtively free of democracy itself.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I do not equate communism with totalitarianism or oppression. I also only equate democracy with every citizen having the opportunity to vote. That vote could be used for evil just as a communist system could be used for evil. I'm willing to bet that democracy has oppressed and killed more people than communism has even had the opportunity to. Whole cultures and races have been virtually wiped out under democratic countries. It's not the system that make it bad it's the people. You scare me no matter what you claim your preferred political system to be.
          I have a hard time understanding your post because I have no idea what you are talking about -- destroying whole cultures and races? Which democratic countries did that?
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Just off the top of my head, Ned, I'd say the United States of America did a pretty good job on the Native Americans.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
              Just off the top of my head, Ned, I'd say the United States of America did a pretty good job on the Native Americans.

-Arrian

And we did a damn good keeping blacks down too.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                Just off the top of my head, Ned, I'd say the United States of America did a pretty good job on the Native Americans.

-Arrian
                Where does Indian culture persist: the US or Mexico?

The Brits and the Americans fought wars on and off for three hundred years with the natives.

Why?

Comment

• The Brits and the Americans fought wars on and off for three hundred years with the natives.
                  ...and the French.

We did it for the beeds! Those wars were for beeds!

Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I wouldn't take that bet, unless you include the effects that actual "democracies" have had upon the rest of the world, such as in Africa, despite Africa being realtively free of democracy itself.
                    Che,
                    I do include Africa but I probably don't have to.
                    Ned,
                    Open your history book.
                    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

And we did a damn good keeping blacks down too.
                      We?

We defeated the South.

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher

...and the French.

We did it for the beeds! Those wars were for beeds!

Well, the Spanish converted them and made them good Catholics.

Comment

Che,
                          I do include Africa but I probably don't have to.
                          Ned,
                          Open your history book.
                          PAX, get real.

Comment

• Ned,
                            I'm going to spend the globe for you.

Comment

• Why didn't the Americans inslave the native Americans? Wouldn't that of been a lot cheaper than the fancy imports?
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

• opium, Hong, Kong, Britain, war, China, stole, connection, British, India, Chinese, trade, worker, wrote, first

Ned,
                                These are just 2 examples of democracy in action. You can travel the globe and notice the absence of the original inhabitants and chalk it up to the gift of democracy. I joke once again, it's not because the country was a democracy that these things happened. It's because people who think like you were in charge of the democratic countries.
                                Last edited by Pax; October 22, 2004, 18:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X