Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

So was Cheney when he ran Haliburton.

So Saddam's relationship with the UN is like Cheney's relationship with Haliburton. Saddam runs them

If you're referring to no-bid contracts, take a look at Clinton. He did the same thing. Guess the company. Yep, Haliburton.

Very clever, check your facts next time

Edited for accuracy
    Last edited by Wiglaf; October 21, 2004, 17:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
      Not me. You will noticed that I will actually agree with points made by the other side, not that I'm adverse to poking fun at stuffed-shirt leftists who take themselves too seriously.
      Hey, my shirts are only stuffed because I'm too poor to buy new ones right now and I gained weight.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by MalevolentLight
        Or we could just look at Clinton's decision not to pick up OBL when he was offered to us.
        He was never offered to us. That is one of those right-wing lies that have come to be taken as gospel. Sudan, a nation which sponsors terrorism, and committs genocide and enslaves its Christian population offered to expell bin Laden to Saudi Arabia if the US removed Sudan from the list of terrorism sponsoring states. At this time, the only attack which al Qaeda had carried out against the United States was the Khobar Towers bombing. So, we had the opportunity to send a minor terrorist to another country in return for lifting sanctions against a country which sponsor terrorism, slavery, and genocide.

The Saudis refused to allow bin Laden back into their country, so the point was moot. The US rightly, given what we knew at the time, refused the offer as well. It would be another year before bin Laden became a major terrorist with the African embassy bombings.

Oh right, but you're smarter than all of us.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
          So Saddam's relationship with the UN is like Cheney's relationship with Haliburton.
          No, Cheney was doing business with Iraq and buying Iraqi oil. Check your facts before you post.

Comment

• What?

Explain, with evidence and your point, you are being very cryptic.

Comment

• Well, Drach, I'm beginning to like Kerry's plan. It does seem to address a need, although it also goes way beyond what is necessary and is for that reason just a bit expensive.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
                What?

Explain, with evidence and your point, you are being very cryptic.
                Cheney, as the CEO of Haliburton, was doing business with Iraq during the 1990s. Trying googling it.

Here, from a right wing source, NewsMax. http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...24/80648.shtml

Comment

• I can't believe I did it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

Please explain the basic tenets of your liberalism, if you please. If you have a noted author who has laid out your philosophy, that might help.

But I will ask you the same question I asked Sava. What do you think about this statement?

A primary purpose of government is to foster "social equality."

I have been gone all day in Springfield, doing research for my thesis.

In spite of the tentative, positive changes with states' rights in recent years, because of its much longer history of states' rights have been used to beat down minority groups, I still believe that the federal government can provide stronger protection of equal rights than individual states. This is part of my liberal outlook.

Another part of my liberal outlook is that the poor cannot pull themselves up by their own bootstraps if they do not have bootstraps to pull themselves up with, in the first place. Again, the federal government has more resources available to tackle poverty, which is essentially, a nationwide, chronic problem rather than state-by-state anyway. When states take on separate iniatives that complement federal programs, that's great too, in my book. People who are lazy and want to misuse the welfare system do not deserve any help until they get off their asses -- but the people that try to go by the rules and still fall flat on their face definitely deserve temporary assistance.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• All you lefties, how does it make you feel to see Kerry walking around in camouflage and hunting gear killing innocent birds, or using the name of God more often than Bush?
                      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

• Why should we care. We don't vote for capitalists.

Or are you under the delusion that liberals are somehow lefties?

Comment

• Convince me to vote for Kerry

Well apart from most politicians seeming to be lieing snakes that would as soon sell their mothers as tell you they are great

Anyone in bed with the neo-conservities has some serious anti-freedom agenda's going on
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Re: Convince me to vote for Kerry

President Bush

Comment

• Originally posted by The diplomat
                              All you lefties, how does it make you feel to see Kerry walking around in camouflage and hunting gear killing innocent birds, or using the name of God more often than Bush?
                              first of all, I'm not a lefty. But I did vote for Kerry yesterday. I didn't turn into a girlie man like I feared. But just in case, I bought a gun to prove my manliness

Kerry will be more moderate when he's elected president. It's a given. Just as Clinton was. He may have supported gun control in the past, but he won't now- except for cleaning up assault rifles and gun show loopholes- which nearly everyone supports. It's political suicide to try to get rid of guns.

I thought Kerry looked pretty cool duck hunting. Good camo outfit . Although he should have carried the bird himself . I have my doubts he actually killed the bird himself. But at least he didn't fly onto the deck of an aircraft carrier to show off like some people

Comment

• Originally posted by The diplomat
                                All you lefties, how does it make you feel to see Kerry walking around in camouflage and hunting gear killing innocent birds, or using the name of God more often than Bush?
                                I don't have any serious problem with GAME hunting.

I also do not have any serious problem with Kerry identifiying himself as a Catholic, and explaining how he will not force his own religion's morals on all Americans.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X