Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kerry will never send troops overseas for oil...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry will never send troops overseas for oil...

"John will never send a boy or girl in a uniform anywhere in the world because of our need and greed for oil," Teresa Heinz Kerry told about 1,200 supporters at the McAllen Civic Center.
    The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

Besides the mistaken implication that we are in Iraq primarily for oil, doesn't this strike y'all as a little naive and a dangerous thing to say? What happens if a revolution happens in Saudi Arabia and the spigot gets turned off? Could happen.

Also, we have our sailors, especially, all over the world becase of the dictates of the oil trade. Is Heinz Kerry repudiating this long standing policy?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Besides the implication that we are in Iraq for oil, doesn't this strike y'all as a little naive and a dangerous thing to say? What happens if a revolution happens in Saudi Arabia and the spigot gets turned off? Could happen.

Kerry would not go in for the oil, but to stops the terrorists and bring freedom to the Saudi people
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hey, it worked OK for Bush I... But he didn't say the war wasn't about protecting Saudi Arabia's oil. He just didn't mention the oil.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yeah I am sure he would rather let the U.S. economy die

Comment

Its NEVER about Oil.
          it just happens to be in a country full of it

Comment

Yeah I am sure he would rather let the U.S. economy die
            And the economies of our allies. Well, his wife says that he would never send troops overseas for oil. Is she lying?

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
              Well, his wife says that he would never send troops overseas for oil. Is she lying?
              Why are you being thick? Its NEVER about Oil. EVER. Its always about sweet, sweet O...I mean, Freedom.

Comment

Crude indirect propaganda - highlight your rival's weak spot by making a promise you don't have to keep.

Didn't anyone tell him that unelected politico's promises have as much weight as spam e-mails?
                Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Why are you being thick? Its NEVER about Oil. EVER. Its always about sweet, sweet O...I mean, Freedom.
                  Gulf War II wasn't really about the oil. Otherwise, we would have had more committed allies.

Gulf War I definitely was all about the oil, however.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Gulf War II wasn't really about the oil. Otherwise, we would have had more allies.

Gulf War I definitely was all about the oil, however.
                    Gulf War I was about restoring the free loving people of the Kingdom of Kuwait to the democracy they enjoyed before the cruel and evil hand of the despot Hussein came and crushed them down. Hence, NOT about Oil, but again, sweet, sweet O..Freedom.

Comment

Let's face it. Kerry will do nothing (except complain to the UN) to defend American national interests. Nothing.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                        Let's face it. Kerry will do nothing (except complain to the UN) to defend American national interests. Nothing.
                        In some cases, this is all a US president can do.

Steel tariffs anyone?
                        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy

Steel tariffs anyone?
                          Kerry voted against Gulf War I.
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy

Steel tariffs anyone?
                            Well it's either violate WTO rules for a year and help give the industry a boost or keep permanent tariffs and get sanctions imposed by the WTO that affect the whole economy.

Oil is more of a necessity to the economy nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                              Kerry voted against Gulf War I.
                              So?

Comment

Working...
                              X