18%

35081 votes
    John Kerry

80%

158281 votes
    Evenly matched

2%

3671 votes
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Hmm? The website is saying:

President Bush

18%

35081 votes
      John Kerry

80%

158281 votes
      Evenly matched

2%

3671 votes
      The poll was a phone poll with random sampling being utilized. The reality is online polls don't mean much.
      Last edited by Mordoch; October 9, 2004, 00:07.

Comment

• funny, no one noticed this from ABC:

Halperin Memo Dated Friday October 8, 2004

It goes without saying that the stakes are getting very high for the country and the campaigns - and our responsibilities become quite grave

I do not want to set off (sp?) and endless colloquy that none of us have time for today - nor do I want to stifle one. Please respond if you feel you can advance the discussion.

The New York Times (Nagourney/Stevenson) and Howard Fineman on the web both make the same point today: the current Bush attacks on Kerry involve distortions and taking things out of context in a way that goes beyond what Kerry has done.

Kerry distorts, takes out of context, and mistakes all the time, but these are not central to his efforts to win.

We have a responsibility to hold both sides accountable to the public interest, but that doesn't mean we reflexively and artificially hold both sides "equally" accountable when the facts don't warrant that.

I'm sure many of you have this week felt the stepped up Bush efforts to complain about our coverage. This is all part of their efforts to get away with as much as possible with the stepped up, renewed efforts to win the election by destroying Senator Kerry at least partly through distortions.

It's up to Kerry to defend himself, of course. But as one of the few news organizations with the skill and strength to help voters evaluate what the candidates are saying to serve the public interest. Now is the time for all of us to step up and do that right.

there are more contradictions, which bush pointed out...
        however few seem capable of of looking at the logic of what each candidate says.

I guess Kerry cant remember what side to argue when he doesnt have a cheat sheet in front of him to remind him (look at the nbc or foxnews 1st debate film when kerry enters and goes to the podium)
        I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy

Comment

• He said he was going to close tax loopholes for corporations that do alot of offshore type of business. That's not "raising taxes."

Some kinds of offshoring practices are outright scandaleous, and should be put to a stop anyway.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• what are you guy's thoughts on the stem cell question?

I thought Kerry owned that question. But then again, I'm not religious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
              what are you guy's thoughts on the stem cell question?

I thought Kerry owned that question. But then again, I'm not religious.
              I thought he did well for the type of question it was. But it's not a question you can really handle well.

A couple of channels have now mentioned that Bush didn't answer the last question.
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• yes striker kerry said that,

I have the debate taped,

Kerry also said he would lower corporate taxes.

Comment

• I disagree. Bush answered that question better as he provided for both sides of the issue... saying no new stem cell lines would be created/killed, only established ones. that helps both the scientific community and religious people.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I thought Bush bombed with his opening and then his second sentence pretty much contradicted it. Kerry showed his view, and was clear.
                    Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

• Bush vs. Gibson
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Speer
                        I disagree. Bush answered that question better as he provided for both sides of the issue... saying no new stem cell lines would be created/killed, only established ones. that helps both the scientific community and religious people.
                        How does it help the scientific community? They're the ones calling for Bush's head on a platter because of this, among other things...
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• stem cells should not be subsidized, that money would go to multimillion dollar multinational corporattion rahter than the poor people here in the US

PS: the south park episode about stem cells is funny

Comment

• at least they got those 21 stem lines... they could very easily have nothing. Bush is balancing both interests.

and am i the only apolytoner who will be voting for Bush? Are Slowwwhand and Lincoln still going to vote Bush?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moral Hazard
                              I'd be pro life for her, well unless she got pregnant.

Originally posted by Moral Hazard
                              Did anyone else think she was going to cry.
                              It looked like she had been crying. I think that question was a very personal one for her.

-Drachasor
                              "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

• and Kerry owned the drug import from Canada issue.

Bush really looked foolish there. Bringing up clinton did nothing for him.

Bush did a little better on the Iraq issue though. This is mainly because of Kerry's voting record with regards to Iraq. Kerry screwed himself with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X