X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun
    Yes, and, your rebuttal?

Comment

Dred Scott decided that Black men couldn't be citizens. Im not sure about property rights, Taney(chief justice) basically said that All men couldn't have included blacks

I missed the begining of the debate. So I thought it was dead even. Both avoided alot of questions. Either way were headed for deficits, Kerry lost me a little with this one.
      Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

I'm actually considering voting for Kerry instead of a 3rd party condidate now.

somebody stop me!!

I'm still kind of scared to vote for a liberal. I'm afraid doing so will turn me into some hideous pro-big goverment monster

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle

Yes, and, your rebuttal?

I take it you didn't even notice the "new" quote I created from your original statement?
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

he did!

he said his mistakes were in the appointments he made. He just didn't want to embarass them on national television.
            Hehe.

Anyway, preliminary poll results:

Who won the second presidential debate?
            President Bush

16%

4949 votes
            John Kerry

83%

26448 votes
            Evenly matched

1%

450 votes

Fox:

Who won Friday night's presidential debate?

a. President Bush
            (30%)

b. Senator Kerry
            (70%)

c. I did not watch
            (0%)

d. None of the above
            (0%)

14,712 total votes
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Am I the only one obssessively annoyed by Bush's lack of a real answer to the final question?
              What do you think Kerry would have said? I'm sure he would have said his mistakes all related to giving Bush too much credibility in foreign policy information.

The question should not have been answered any more specifically than Bush did.

Comment

[quoteH]e had the perfect answer to the abortion question, and Bush came across as LOUD and ANGRY for the first half of the debate.[/quote]

I agree. However, most Dems are anti-abortion, and Kerry was obviously for it. That can hurt him
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Geronimo, making some obscure, unclear reference to making appointment mistakes and then gloating about the right decisions you made, does not answer what was originally asked.

I bet the person who asked it was peeved.

Comment

I take it you didn't even notice the "new" quote I created from your original statement?
                    Oh wow, that's cute. I wonder what bias you hold?

Comment

Tass; see teh amurican people agree with me
                      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle

Oh wow, that's cute. I wonder what bias you hold?

I'm biased in favor of Kerry -- but that did not stop me from critiquing Edwards's performance in the VP debate.

Comment

MrFun:

thats one of those questions that you get in school that ticks you off cause it should be easy but your mind can't think like that... it's one of those touchy-feely questions. you think Bush could just come up with 3 things (why in god's name did she pick 3? aint that a bit much?) that he considers mistakes and outline them in 2 minutes? yeah right. that was a bad question.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

most Dems are anti-abortion

They are?
                            Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Am I the only one obssessively annoyed by Bush's lack of a real answer to the final question?
                              Yes. I think he answered that question as well as he could considering it was quite loaded. Besides, there were huge dodges by both of them in many questions. Particularly as Diss noted, the deficit question I really wanted to hear how their numbers stacked up.

Both must be using "fuzzy math" because their numbers can't possibly compute. Both propose new spending, both promise tax cuts, and both want to cut the deficit in half. Ummm. Doesn't work. Gibson was great for really pressing that issue, asking both of them several times to put up some numbers, but both refused to do so. That should bother you more, Fun.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm biased in favor of Kerry -- but that did not stop me from critiquing Edwards's performance in the VP debate.
                                I'm critiqueing! I just think Bush won.

Comment

Working...
                                X