Your Reactions to the Second Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Reactions to the Second Presidential Debate

I think Kerry did a fine job in this second debate -- definitely better than Bush.

Also, when the last question of the entire debate was asked by someone in the audience about what three mistakes Bush made as president, Bush did not answer the question directly. Instead, he took the chance to gloat about the right decisions he believed he made.

Talk about dodging a question.

What is everyone else's thoughts and insights?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Kerry won moderately, though Bush did a better job than last time.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Congrats on placing the first thread on the post.

I think Bush won points tonight, he was animate, he obviously took it to Kerry, and was very detailed in his answers. Kerry seemed to glaze over issues, but scored points also. I'd score it by a slim margin to be a win for Bush. Of course, no fist fights broke out, but it was close.

Comment

Kerry 67 Bush 33
        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
          Congrats on placing the first thread on the post.

I think Bush won points tonight, he was animate, he obviously took it to Kerry, and was very detailed in his answers. Kerry seemed to glaze over issues, but scored points also. I'd score it by a slim margin to be a win for Bush. Of course, no fist fights broke out, but it was close.
          Bush did not win any points though, when he completely dodged the last question asked during the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
            Kerry 67 Bush 33
            Not quite that much.

Comment

Why was the other thread closed.... odd.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                Bush did not win any points though, when he completely dodged the last question asked during the debate.
                Oh sorry, I missed that, I was paying attention to the other 99% of the debate.

Comment

The score card tonight:

KERRY A-
                  BUSH A-

Kerry didn't drive home his points, and Bush did a better job than last time. Hell of a lot better.

Reaction 2:

Who the hell elected these goons? I could debate circles around both their asses.

Well, maybe not circles. But if it ain't something or other.

Maybe it's different if you're debating in front of an audience of millions over being the damn President itself.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    Why was the other thread closed.... odd.
                    Well, it was the play by play. I think it's wise to have one thread for the flotsam.

Comment

Oh sorry, I missed that, I was paying attention to the other 99% of the debate.
                      It's not that I'm focusing exclusively on that -- there were other points in the debate that Bush did more poorly than Kerry.

But it really irked me the way Bush simply did not answer the last question.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Not quite that much.
                        Kerry nailed Bush over and over again. Did you notice how he ended most of his answers with a nice punch line? Bush was just (again) completely out of his league, he even lost his temper.
                        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius

Kerry nailed Bush over and over again. Did you notice how he ended most of his answers with a nice punch line? Bush was just (again) completely out of his league, he even lost his temper.
                          Well yes, but at least Bush was able to deliver coherent answers now as opposed to "uh....um.....uh....."

Comment

Well, it was the play by play. I think it's wise to have one thread for the flotsam.
                            And plus we need to realize that I'm the exclusive author now of presidential debate threads.

Comment

I'm just relieved that Bush is against a pro-slavery court.

Bush seemed rather confused at times...I'm not sure he understood some of the questions. I really can't believe his answer on the PATRIOT Act question. He's lost touch with reality.
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                              X