Your Reactions to the Second Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Well yes, but at least Bush was able to deliver coherent answers now as opposed to "uh....um.....uh....."

Yeah, its true that this time he was able to form sentences that surprisingly made sense. Still the content was the same old same old. Dodging questions, making unfunny jokes, getting words wrong, appearing confused....

AND there it was

"Do I still have time?".."Nope"..30 looong seconds..."uhm..uhm"
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
      Oh yeah, and Dred Scott.

Thanks for the history lesson Professor Bush
      Yeah . . . . . .

there was definitely something wrong with the Bush described the Dredd Scott case.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Because Bush has consistently dodged questions about his mistakes, it would have been a huge surprise if he had actually answered this time.
        ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

I kind of wonder why Kerry didn't mention the Union of Concerned Scientists statement on that one...
          I agree. Kerry had lots to say on that issue, but didn't, for some reason. Don't know why. Bush hit the question out of the park.

Kerry didn't talk about slow job growth, but rather stuck to his pat answers. A huge opportunity missed. Bush did better than he should have on that question.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Am I the only one obssessively annoyed by Bush's lack of a real answer to the final question?
            I was annoyed by both of them NOT giving real answers on a number of questions.

To be fair on that one, though, that was pretty much a set up (Why not just ask, please give us three reasons not to vote for you.) - it makes far more sense to avoid the question then answer it.

Edit:"Not giving answers", not "giving answers.
            "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Bush obviously won.

He didn't sheit his pants, that we know of, despite him looking like he would

He's against the slave trade

He knows of the "secret internet"

and

He didn't use the same closing speech that he did at the last debate

BUSH 2004
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Edan, if voters want to vote only for a president that never makes mistakes and is perfect, then we would not have anyone to vote for.

So in that instance, Bush should have stepped forward like a man, and acknowledge three mistakes he made.

Comment

My Kerry response on that one was, after Bush finished not answering, to come up and say something like "Since the president didn't answer the question, I'll give you one of my mistakes instead. My mistake was trusting the President when he said he'd make a coalition"... etc. etc.

Yeah, I know it wouldn't happen, but it would have been cool.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Bush's closing speech was a lot better than Kerry's.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Both candidates skirted alot of questions... and I don't think saying "I have a plan" answers a question.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

I would still say that Bush went into a lot more dtail than Kerry, specifically on the tax breaks. As an accountant, primarily working with taxes, I'd have to say that Bush has a better grasp of the situtation than Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                          Edan, if voters want to vote only for a president that never makes mistakes and is perfect, then we would not have anyone to vote for.

So in that instance, Bush should have stepped forward like a man, and acknowledge three mistakes he made.
                          he did!

he said his mistakes were in the appointments he made. He just didn't want to embarass them on national television.

Comment

Decisive Kerry victory.

He had the perfect answer to the abortion question, and Bush came across as LOUD and ANGRY for the first half of the debate.

Unfortunately I can forsee this being spun into a Bush victory since he didn't do as bad as last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                              I would still say that Bush went into a lot more dtail than Kerry, specifically on the tax breaks. As being biased in favor of Bush, I'd have to say that Bush has a better grasp of the situtation than Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

he did!

he said his mistakes were in the appointments he made. He just didn't want to embarass them on national television.

oh, wow

Comment

Working...
                                X